Spanish gas bottles (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2017
Derby, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner TStar 680
Exp
Since 2012
Help needed please!! Has anyone else had problems changing their orange propano gas bottles at the repsol garages? We are in the Fuengirola area and have tried 3 different garages and been told propano finito!! Does anyone know, is this a temporary situation where they have run out, or are they changing to the lightweight bottles? Thanks

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Might be that winter is over & they aren't keeping it but it hasn't finished as I bought one yesterday for home.

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
I swapped mine 2 weeks ago and they had 3 cages full. Hope you get some

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
try repsol on Coin road , ie left at Lidl near miramar petrolvstaion etc
Also there is a massive repsol centre up that road on the industrial site
However, some garages have weird times when they don’t serve gas. Perhaps that’s the problem

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Could be there is a general shortage, this has been one of the consistently cold spells in Spain for many of years and a lot of folk have switched to propano as the butano has been freezing up.
Just a thought.
Today is the last cold day in the current forecast, so butano should be OK from here on.
Next time I pass the depot here in Beni I'll have a look to see if they are well stocked.
Cheers
Ed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
It's a shortage of filled 11kgs propane bottles due to dramatically higher usage or propane nationally because of the extended period of very cold weather across Spain.

In times of refining versus demand shortage, both Repsol prioritises filling their big 35kgs gas bottles (used by households and businesses).
That's beacause the price of those big bottles is not Government regulated, and thus they sell them at 40% or more per kilo of propane than they are forced to only sell the regulated 11kgs orange steel bottles at.

OP
OP
P
Oct 1, 2017
Derby, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner TStar 680
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks Nomad, that makes sense. ( I have tried Butane 2 years ago and it coked up my fridge ... should have known better because there is a rather large notice in my Burstner that says to only use Propane...)
Thanks all will keep trying

OP
OP
P
Oct 1, 2017
Derby, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner TStar 680
Exp
Since 2012
So we decided to try and escape Hugo’s wind and rain by driving North and finally managed to find a Repsol garage with propane in Torrox!
Think it must have been a shortage around the La Cala/ Calahonda area due to the cold weather as Nomad said. Now in Roquetas , still windy but sunny and no rain forecast here
Thanks all for your comments :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back