Spain to Col du Pourtalet, is the road closed? (1 Viewer)

Mar 23, 2017
Chudleigh, Devon
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde 2
Exp
Im a newbie
next week we'll be travelling from Torla-Ordesa to Laruns, and plan to go via the Col du Pourtalet, BUT both michelin and mappy route planners (which I use for France/Spain) show a massive detour form Torla and via the Col du Somport and Bedous etc to get to Laruns, it's about 4 x the distance and I can't see why the route doesn't take me over the Col du Pourtalet which is the closest border crossing (have done it many times in a car).

Tinkering with the start and finish points the closest I can get is Biescas, so I'm wondering if the road is closed for some reason? but I can't find anything saying that online. Using RAC route planner takes me over the Col du Pourtalet, but as michelin and mappy are French i'm wondering if their software is more accurate/up to date?

Anyone been from Spain over the Col du Pourtalet recently?

And yes I know all about the shops there selling their 5 litre bottle of 'Lord of the Highlands' whiskey etc :) not planning it as destination, just a quick route to the French side.

Thanks

Brendan

Deleted User
Quick glance at Google maps shows the road open but slow in places.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Brendan Stone
Mar 23, 2017
Chudleigh, Devon
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde 2
Exp
Im a newbie
Thanks, that's what I thought. Can't understand route planners taking me on such a detour, I was only looking to get a time estimate. I think I'll take my chances đź‘Ť

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back