Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks. We have the bayonet type on our van so I guess that this will be OK for Spain. But do you think we need this euroconnector as well? Or do some places have adapters that they lend you?
I can't remember whether we filled up while in Spain last year, but we had a full set of adaptors. I think you would be well advised to have the euroconnector as I understand that is much more common now in Spain than the bayonet connector. I believe that filling stations do have adapters that they will lend, but I've never needed to find out, having always had a full set of adapters.

Joe Griffin

Free Member
Sep 6, 2018
Clare, Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Thanks a lot for that advice. I'll make sure we get one of the adapters before we set off.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Thanks a lot for that advice. I'll make sure we get one of the adapters before we set off.

This is what you need set of 3 £23 or maybe less if you shop around

Free P&P

Mouse over image to zoom
Have one to sell?
Sell it yourself

Shop with confidence
eBay Money Back Guarantee
Get the item you ordered or your money back. Learn more- opens in new window or tab
Seller information
lpgshop (2573
iconRedStar_25x25.gif
)
100% Positive Feedback

Contact seller
Visit Shop
See other items

Registered as a business seller
UK Bayonet (W21.8) to All Europe Adapters SET Autogas LPG

Condition:
New

Quantity:
More than 10 available515 sold / Buy it now-

Add to basket-

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Thanks. We have the bayonet type on our van so I guess that this will be OK for Spain. But do you think we need this euroconnector as well? Or do some places have adapters that they lend you?
I've never seen or used anything other than a euro connector here in Spain.It is identical to the fitting on a spanish gas bottle.( just some useless info :LOL:)

Joe Griffin

Free Member
Sep 6, 2018
Clare, Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I've never seen or used anything other than a euro connector here in Spain.It is identical to the fitting on a spanish gas bottle.( just some useless info :LOL:)
Thanks I've now ordered the euroconnector. But the https://www.mylpg.eu/adapters website does say that the bayonet type is also used in Spain. So I should be sorted now that I have both types.

Joe Griffin

Free Member
Sep 6, 2018
Clare, Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
So we are getting closer to our big trip (well it is for us anyway!). We will travel Portsmouth to Caen and then onto stay overnight near Poitiers with friends. The travel down towards Irun/San Sebastian. After that head towards the med coast and depending on weather and things that interest us we will continue generally southwards. Unfortunately ASCI cannot get their card to us in time as we did not order before Nov. 8th deadline. So the card would arrive after we have left home. Ah well. I'm sure we will find some nice places anyway. Now another question. We want to add to the security of our bikes and are thinking of getting a lock with a siren. Something like this http://store.lockalarm.com/about/ Has anybody on here used such a thing. It would be in addition to the big locks but hopefully it might deter or at least frighten off potential thieves by the siren going off.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Bite the bullet and get the set of 3. The dish type seems universal in France so with the three you have everything covered, and for £20 why not.

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
I've got one of the cable alarm locks, but even at 110db (alledged) I find them dissappointedly quiet.

I also have a FAHGETTABOUDIT which I use with heavy duty cable, which I use for my generator.

The best way to ensure your bikes don't get nicked is to avoid Boardman (or similar, other makes are available) bikes, a cable alarm is window dressing, a cheapo bike doesn't attract thieves.

HTH

Last edited:

Macca1954

Free Member
Jul 2, 2017
Pr9 9qs
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix 670sl
Exp
So we are getting closer to our big trip (well it is for us anyway!). We will travel Portsmouth to Caen and then onto stay overnight near Poitiers with friends. The travel down towards Irun/San Sebastian. After that head towards the med coast and depending on weather and things that interest us we will continue generally southwards. Unfortunately ASCI cannot get their card to us in time as we did not order before Nov. 8th deadline. So the card would arrive after we have left home. Ah well. I'm sure we will find some nice places anyway. Now another question. We want to add to the security of our bikes and are thinking of getting a lock with a siren. Something like this http://store.lockalarm.com/about/ Has anybody on here used such a thing. It would be in addition to the big locks but hopefully it might deter or at least frighten off potential thieves by the siren going off.
We are away in January and just wrung the c&m club re açsi they say it’s due in on the 10 th December and to ring and will be sent out 1st class

Joe Griffin

Free Member
Sep 6, 2018
Clare, Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I've got one of the cable alarm locks, but even at 110db (alledged) I find them dissappointedly quiet.

I also have a FAHGETTABOUDIT which I use with heavy duty cable, which I use for my generator.

The best way to ensure your bikes don't get nicked is to avoid Boardman (or similar, other makes are available) bikes, a cable alarm is window dressing, a cheapo bike doesn't attract thieves.

HTH
Did you mean this one or this one

Joe Griffin

Free Member
Sep 6, 2018
Clare, Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
We are away in January and just wrung the c&m club re açsi they say it’s due in on the 10 th December and to ring and will be sent out 1st class
Ah but I'm in Ireland. But where are you getting it sent to? I'd be in my MH so no address as such.

Macca1954

Free Member
Jul 2, 2017
Pr9 9qs
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix 670sl
Exp
Thanks. I'll see if I can do the same. Do you have to be a member? Thanks
Think so asked for my member number. Got mine off c&cc club last year but saying that seen loads for sale at sites in Spain last January

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Cheapest is to buy direct from ACSI. You can set up a recurring order so you automatically get it each year.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Cheapest is to buy direct from ACSI. You can set up a recurring order so you automatically get it each year.
It's now £13.99 including P&P from the C&CC if you're a member so is now cheaper. It's €13.95 plus P&P direct from ACSI. I thought I'd cancelled my order with ACSI in October but I've just had an email saying that my new book will be sent by the end od December which is annoying. I hadn't ordered one from the C&CC fortunately. That's the problem with recurring payments on credit cards I suppose. I think my finances can cope, I think the postage was €2 last year!

Aug 31, 2015
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt, AS Winchcombe
Exp
since 2013
We are heading out to Spain via the tunnel on 27th dec until first week of Feb. I am just planning (loosely) our itinerary. As we have previously done Roses bay down to Murcia we will be heading this time to Villaricos, Garrucha, Cabo de Gata, Roquetas de Mar, Mijas, Marbella, Puerto Banus, Estepona, Casares, Gibraltar, Tarifa (might try and persuade him to take the day trip over to Africa just so i can say I've been), the white villages of cadiz, Huelva and then into portugal if we still have time as we have visited the Algarve before and loved it. We are not booking anything and have a few ideas of overnight places to stay and camper parks etc. Anyone got any must sees we should do in that area? or anything on my list that you think isn't worth going to?

Looks like there will be a few of us out there in January so hopefully will meet up with a few of you.

Macca1954

Free Member
Jul 2, 2017
Pr9 9qs
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix 670sl
Exp
We are heading out to Spain via the tunnel on 27th dec until first week of Feb. I am just planning (loosely) our itinerary. As we have previously done Roses bay down to Murcia we will be heading this time to Villaricos, Garrucha, Cabo de Gata, Roquetas de Mar, Mijas, Marbella, Puerto Banus, Estepona, Casares, Gibraltar, Tarifa (might try and persuade him to take the day trip over to Africa just so i can say I've been), the white villages of cadiz, Huelva and then into portugal if we still have time as we have visited the Algarve before and loved it. We are not booking anything and have a few ideas of overnight places to stay and camper parks etc. Anyone got any must sees we should do in that area? or anything on my list that you think isn't worth going to?

Looks like there will be a few of us out there in January so hopefully will meet up with a few of you.
Think you’re pushing to do all that within that time scale. Could you give us a wave when you drive past us. Ta macca

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
We’re also heading south after Christmas, probably via the tunnel on 29th. Spending NYE with friends near -ish to Limoges then heading to Andalusia for a few weeks.
We should start a thread for all of us on those roads at the same time!
Although I think most will be heading straight for the coast and soaking up the sun, whereas we’ll be checking out areas slightly inland for a possible move.
We’ll probably get an ACSI card but not sure if it’ll be delivered in time now, will they deliver to an address which isn’t our home one? Eg our friends in France? I note from their website that the 2019 book won’t be available until mid January so no good for this trip, but surely the app will contain all the information ?

Macca1954

Free Member
Jul 2, 2017
Pr9 9qs
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix 670sl
Exp
We’re also heading south after Christmas, probably via the tunnel on 29th. Spending NYE with friends near -ish to Limoges then heading to Andalusia for a few weeks.
Although I think most will be heading straight for the coast and soaking up the sun, whereas we’ll be checking out areas slightly inland for a possible move.
We’ll probably get an ACSI card but not sure if it’ll be delivered in time now, will they deliver to an address which isn’t our home one? Eg our friends in France? I note from their website that the 2019 book won’t be available until mid January so no good for this trip, but surely the app will contain all the information ?
Açsi book now available if you ordered would get it before you left done ours through the c&mc

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
Our ACSI books from Vicarious are en route at the mo. Suggest that you try them though the best source may be to buy the app for now and if you must have the paper variety you will eventually find them in MH dealers and some of the bigger campsites e.g. Caceres.

We will probably leave for Albufeira on Jan 3/4. Preliminary route planned but waiting for ACSI books to finalise.

Just remember to check dates of Spanish holidays , Jan 6 caused us a prob last time.

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
Açsi book now available if you ordered would get it before you left done ours through the c&mc
The website says any books ordered after 8 November will be delivered after Christmas, not might be, will be. And we’re leaving home on 28 Dec so it’s a bit tight.
I couldn’t find a link from the cc website, they’re advertising it but there doesn’t seem to be a link to click to actually buy it through the cc site

Razamataz

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2018
Dunfermline, Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7400plus
Exp
Since March 2018
We are sailing from Portsmouth Jan 9th to Bilbao.
Heading to Haro,Soria,skirting around Madrid to Toledo,Cordoba,Ronda to Estapona..then following the Sun up the east coast.
I Cant wait!!!!!
Van ,,MOT and serviced yesterday!!!
Already 90% packed!!

Macca1954

Free Member
Jul 2, 2017
Pr9 9qs
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix 670sl
Exp
The website says any books ordered after 8 November will be delivered after Christmas, not might be, will be. And we’re leaving home on 28 Dec so it’s a bit tight.
I couldn’t find a link from the cc website, they’re advertising it but there doesn’t seem to be a link to click to actually buy it through the cc site
Strange I rung the hem 2days ago and they said it would posted next day. Will ring them again to make sure as we are off on the 2nd

Macca1954

Free Member
Jul 2, 2017
Pr9 9qs
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix 670sl
Exp
Strange I rung the hem 2days ago and they said it would posted next day. Will ring them again to make sure as we are off on the 2nd
Just rang c&mc and they post there’s out next day then 3 to 4 days delivery time

obanvanman

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Isle of Seil Argyll
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
No problem having them delivered to a different address. Past 2 years had ours delivered to Sicily using Vicarious books.
The app is far more useful, have been finding the books are missing sites in lots of different locations.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back