Free Member
Jun 29, 2021
Christow Devon
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 540
Exp
Hi
Well it booked we arrive in Santander on the 31st march for 4 weeks but the memashing want me to ask the wise owls on the forums a couple of points.

I know Easter is a big thing is Spain so do we need to book a site for easter. I expect to just use aires and asci sites most of the time but did we ought to pre book easter.

Also can anyone recommend a site in Rioja preferably close to or on a vineyard we have spent many years sampling products from this area it would be nice to test the quality at the souce.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Hi

Easter in Spain has always been bad weather for us. So odds are, you will get some good weather !

I doubt you will need to book.

Camping Haro or try the Aire at Elciego (free). I have some wild spots to if you are daring? Sen me a PM, I won't put them here.

Cheap Fuel at Auchan in Haro too!.

Reactions: f6c
Aug 16, 2018
Wilmslow
Funster No
MH
Coach blt, Swift KTS
Exp
Since 2016
Well I've read on this forum that due to the fact Morocco is closed to motorhomes, most of the sites on the med are full. Also we've been at Easter a couple of times and the sites get booked up by Spanish families. So I would definitely recommend you book. Beware that Spanish families when camping make a lot of noise so if you're loking for P&Q suggest you aim for a site that's not particularly family friendly, i.e. no swimming pool or children's play area.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Well I've read on this forum that due to the fact Morocco is closed to motorhomes, most of the sites on the med are full. Also we've been at Easter a couple of times and the sites get booked up by Spanish families. So I would definitely recommend you book. Beware that Spanish families when camping make a lot of noise so if you're loking for P&Q suggest you aim for a site that's not particularly family friendly, i.e. no swimming pool or children's play area.
and no dogs

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
It depends where you end up but quite a lot of sites listed in the ACSI book exclude Easter so you will pay more. A few years ago we were on an ACSI site at Easter and was told that we may have to share a pitch. A bit difficult when we had the car, caravan and a tent spread out over the pitch so I thought good luck with that idea. We are in Spain for this Easter so will make sure that we are somewhere not too busy.

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Yes Easter is a really big holiday there. I would say almost all Spanish campers will be away in their vans, their preferences seem to be on the coast if they live within striking distance. Unlike here many young families have motorhomes or rent them. Plus lots of caravaners.

So if it were me I would try and book if there was somewhere particular I wanted to be, especially if on the coast, or be prepared to just move on until you find somewhere.

It has been getting busier over recent pre pandemic years so now we try to avoid arriving at a new site on a Friday Re likely busy over the weekend, and I tend to ring ahead if on the coast to make sure or reserve.

ACSI generally will not cover this period.

We have stopped at the campsite in Logrono before, in the city by the river, but next to wine producers, loved it. Pitches a bit tight for our 8m van but we managed it, walk through the park into town. Fantastic tapas route and on the Camino.

We never got there but saw there was a couple of ACSI sites not too far away amongst the vineyards to the west, one which produced a wine we had in Logrono which we really loved, so will visit one day.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back