Spa, suggestions en route please. (1 Viewer)

Nov 19, 2010
Walking the dog
Funster No
MH
Hymer 680 Starline
Exp
since 2012
Off to Spa with a couple of mates at the end of the month for the grand prix.

Getting into Calais late afternoon and heading towards Brugge. Can you recommend any locations for an overnight stop. I know that Gravelines is often mentioned but there are a few CP's on Campercontact and I'm not sure which one to consider.

I normally head south from Calais, so other than a previous stop in Brugge, I'm not familiar with this area and would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

Terry

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
Punch on through to Spa it’s only about a three hour journey, then you can soak up the atmosphere in the local villages like Stavalot and Francorchamps as the race goers get ready for the big day. It’s generally a pleasant area in the hills, not far from the racetrack there are ski slopes, admittedly not much use this time of year but it highlights that the area is high and this creates the weird weather conditions that sometimes affect racing.

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
We catch a late Dover Calais boat, arriving 2300hrs but it's impossible to find night halts this side of Brussels. This year we stopped in the motorway Aire just beyond Brussels. Nice quiet night. Then ran on to the circuit in the morning, got there around 1000hrs. I'm probably going quite slowly as I've got the race car on the back.
IMG_20190626_133604.jpg

Reactions: kip

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back