Free Member
Sep 18, 2020
Colchester, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Just a year
Hi, can I take the wires straight from the solar controller to the leisure battery bank on my Burstner or do I have to use the EBL99?
I know I could also charge the motor battery if I use the EBL99 but it is a pain to run the cables there compared to just running to the leisure battery.

Thank you

Gerry

OP
OP
G

gerrym11

Free Member
Sep 18, 2020
Colchester, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Just a year
Yes can connect them direct to the battery, the solar input on an EBL 99 does not have a connection to the starter battery.

Cheers, you can buy a special connector for it though so you can charge the motor battery as well. But not too worried about that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Cheers, you can buy a special connector for it though so you can charge the motor battery as well. But not too worried about that.
You need a dual output regulator and they is a loom you can by that re-routes the wiring loom, you can't just plug into the solar block on a EBL99 as there is no connection to the starter battery.
Easier to run the starter output of a dual regulator direct to the starter battery.
If using a single output regulator you can fit either a CBE solar split charge relay or a Batterymaster to charger the starter battery.

OP
OP
G

gerrym11

Free Member
Sep 18, 2020
Colchester, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Just a year
You need a dual output regulator and they is a loom you can by that re-routes the wiring loom, you can't just plug into the solar block on a EBL99 as there is no connection to the starter battery.
Easier to run the starter output of a dual regulator direct to the starter battery.
If using a single output regulator you can fit either a CBE solar split charge relay or a Batterymaster to charger the starter battery.

Good thinking, cheers for that Lenny.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back