LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Got a Sog system on our camper, the motor packed in so ordered another. Four screws to take it off and two wire connections one red one black. Easy job. Fitted new motor and as soon as I conect the wires the fan is running constantly. The fan should only come on when you slide the blade open. Any ideas. Hurry with answers please I need a poo.

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Could be a faulty switch or it has moved position and is not operating properly. Almost certainly switch related though.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Yes seconded
faulty switch failed or caused an on permanently situation, burnt out original motor, new motor fitted and wont stop =New switch or re setting (y)
I shoulda been a private defective

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Almost certainly the contact switch next to the blade opener has failed. Or, have you left the cassette out whilst testing? Sometimes I used to find that pulling out the cassette caused the switch to open and the fan to start. I fitted an extra toggle switch next to the fan (on the door) so that I can cut off the supply if required. Funnily enough, since I bought a new cassette the problem seems to have gone away, but I still have an isolation switch if needed.

OP
OP
Mikey RV

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Cheers for replys guys, going to have a look at the contacts where the blade is, re a just etc. Got to be simple.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back