So the NC500 is busy???? (1 Viewer)

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
We are off to the Orkneys soon and so are on the NC500 route.

I was a bit worried about doing the run up here due to the stories of doom and chaos.

Stopped in Killin on the way up and a Scottish couple said friends were on it and said how quiet it was.

Well, done a few overnight stops on the route and it certainly isn’t busy. In fact, last night in Golspie, the two car parks had only 2 other vans on apart from us.

Loads and loads of hire vans, but no hold ups and no jams and lots of space.

Off to the islands tomorrow, it’s so quiet we may carry on and do the rest of it. Not sure if the Western parts are going to be worse but we haven’t had an issue.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
We are off to the Orkneys soon and so are on the NC500 route.

I was a bit worried about doing the run up here due to the stories of doom and chaos.

Stopped in Killin on the way up and a Scottish couple said friends were on it and said how quiet it was.

Well, done a few overnight stops on the route and it certainly isn’t busy. In fact, last night in Golspie, the two car parks had only 2 other vans on apart from us.

Loads and loads of hire vans, but no hold ups and no jams and lots of space.

Off to the islands tomorrow, it’s so quiet we may carry on and do the rest of it. Not sure if the Western parts are going to be worse but we haven’t had an issue.

I was told today that some Scottish minister was on the radio pleading for people not to go to Scotland as it’s so busy 🤷‍♂️

Strange how misusers seem to see things differently to what’s happening.

Just like our lot down here 🙄

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back