So many guys on bikes - sometimes gals too (1 Viewer)

Geejay

Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
At weekends it's understandable. Everyone who can is on their bike in ones, twos or peletons, wrapped up against the winter cold, face scarf covering mouth and nose, wooly hat under helmet, brightly coloured and patterned lycra - quiet roads, super-smooth surfaces, well graded inclines (mostly) and c/f UK, respect from motorists.

But during the week? Not so many, mostly in ones, old retired guys like me I can understand, but young guys too. Why aren't they at work? Don't get me wrong, I think it's great so many out exercising, and we're out every day too walking, cycling.

Can anyone explain how it is there are so many young leisure cyclists out during the working week?

And another thing, why so many netball courts attached to houses out in the country? And I've never seen one in use.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Or they work rosters sometimes including weekends and have days off in the week, like I did as a pilot and when I did a driving job.

Or oil rig workers - month on, month off.

Lots of people have those sorts of jobs, even supermarket workers.

Geoff

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Netball?? are you sure they are not tennis courts or wall ball...Spanish only tend to use country houses in the summer,,BUSBY,,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back