Snipe 2 gone but not forgotten! (1 Viewer)

Sep 15, 2015
Wales
Funster No
MH
Ci Riviera 141 2003
Exp
Been around!
20161216_110827.jpg
Ok Imagine my excitment, Snipe 2 arived. I read about it, dreamt about...I had it in front of me. Setting it up for a test was easy. Unit out of the hard case out. Power to the control and a lead to the unit. Then unit to receiver. Done. Power up. It starts to set itself up. It moves, it skews.....Then hell breaks out. It grinds and jerks. Sounds coming out like my wife changing gear in her car and as distressing. It moves, then more. Skews scratching it's corners. Then opens, opens and opens more until like moose on a medival wrack it cant take any more. A final creak and groan and it dies wide open as if to say, "pack that".
Just curiouse if anyone else would share the first run of a snipe as i have been offred a refund or replacement?

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Ok Imagine my excitment, Snipe 2 arived. I read about it, dreamt about...I had it in front of me. Setting it up for a test was easy. Unit out of the hard case out. Power to the control and a lead to the unit. Then unit to receiver. Done. Power up. It starts to set itself up. It moves, it skews.....Then hell breaks out. It grinds and jerks. Sounds coming out like my wife changing gear in her car and as distressing. It moves, then more. Skews scratching it's corners. Then opens, opens and opens more until like moose on a medival wrack it cant take any more. A final creak and groan and it dies wide open as if to say, "pack that".
Just curiouse if anyone else would share the first run of a snipe as i have been offred a refund or replacement?
Mine arrived safe and sound from Ze fazzerland ..duly fitted works well , a little humming of the German anthem and locks on quickly.. No issues YET . been looking for the Hymer trade mark as it must be on there somewhere. Haha . Shame its made in Korea. . Hahahaha.

OP
OP
Dafydd_Cymru
Sep 15, 2015
Wales
Funster No
MH
Ci Riviera 141 2003
Exp
Been around!
Damn I should have gone German. We can screw it up just by reselling it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
mine arrived ok from acdc .replace it brilliant peace of kit .only failed once to get a signal trees all around me .

sennen523

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Rhos-on-Sea, Conwy, North
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt.
Exp
Started 2007.
Hi All,
I'm thinking of getting a Snipe 2 probably from acdc tv. It will be roof mounted. Can anyone give me tips etc as regards reliability, quality and Astra 2 range in France please?
Al.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Very happy with ours so far, we managed to get Astra 2 near Geneva but nothing a few miles further south.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Our Snipe 2 worked well on the old van, now boxed up in the garage as the new (to us) van came with a VDO satellite dome onboard. Now contemplating whether or not to replace dome with Snipe 2 for a lower profile to keep under 3m height, decisions, decisions...

Sep 24, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
Coach build low profile
Exp
Since 2012
Hi RowleyBirkenQC, not sure if you received my PM so apologies if I am repeating myself. If you decide to stick with the VDO satellite will you be selling the Snipe 2. If so I would be very interested.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Hi RowleyBirkenQC, not sure if you received my PM so apologies if I am repeating myself. If you decide to stick with the VDO satellite will you be selling the Snipe 2. If so I would be very interested.
Hi Steve, I've sent you a PM recently. Cheers, Darren

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
Our Snipe 2 worked well on the old van, now boxed up in the garage as the new (to us) van came with a VDO satellite dome onboard. Now contemplating whether or not to replace dome with Snipe 2 for a lower profile to keep under 3m height, decisions, decisions...
Yes my dome as to go for the same reason have not decided yet what to replace it with,

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
A final creak and groan and it dies wide open as if to say, "pack that".

It looks like they may have supplied you with the Australian version, given where the receiver's pointing.

I'm thinking of getting one of theses to keep the MH profile low - what is that actual height in cms of the folded unit with mounting plate?

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
It looks like they may have supplied you with the Australian version, given where the receiver's pointing.

I'm thinking of getting one of theses to keep the MH profile low - what is that actual height in cms of the folded unit with mounting plate?
These dimensions were taken from a Cahors Snipe 2 User manual...Snipe2_RequiredSpace.PNG Snipe2_Dimensions.PNG

OP
OP
Dafydd_Cymru
Sep 15, 2015
Wales
Funster No
MH
Ci Riviera 141 2003
Exp
Been around!
Just an update. New one was supplied and i fitted it. A few months have gone by and its been used a lot. Amazing. Ready to watch tv from cold start in less than a min. Can not find a fault with it. Great signal and tucks away neatly. I think the first was a faulty one. Highly recomended. Used mainly in Highlands and Outer Hebrides.

Antony bleasdale

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Morecambe
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
View attachment 137705 Ok Imagine my excitment, Snipe 2 arived. I read about it, dreamt about...I had it in front of me. Setting it up for a test was easy. Unit out of the hard case out. Power to the control and a lead to the unit. Then unit to receiver. Done. Power up. It starts to set itself up. It moves, it skews.....Then hell breaks out. It grinds and jerks. Sounds coming out like my wife changing gear in her car and as distressing. It moves, then more. Skews scratching it's corners. Then opens, opens and opens more until like moose on a medival wrack it cant take any more. A final creak and groan and it dies wide open as if to say, "pack that".

Antony bleasdale

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Morecambe
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Funny as, doesn't technology just wind you up. If things just did what it says on the tin life would be so easy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back