SMEV plastic kitchen sink drain. Hymer Mli620. (1 Viewer)

Norman Jones

Free Member
Jan 13, 2015
Nr Aberystwyth
Funster No
MH
A class, Hymer 620 mli
Exp
since 1982
A job for a miserable January day. Our Hymer Mli620 is now over 3 years old, and like others departed the factory with a SMEV plastic drain in the kitchen sink. After a couple of years the chrome finish started to peel with very sharp edges. On the last trip it fell apart. Determined not to replace it with more rubbish I scratched my head. I took my bits to my local Wolseley Plumb Centre and a very helpful gent said "File this nut a bit to fit, glue it in with this stuff then when it's set you can screw in this nice chrome waste. I'll put it back in tomorrow .

Attachments

• DSC_2383.jpg
    DSC_2383.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 136
  • DSC_2384.jpg
    DSC_2384.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 129
  • DSC_2385.jpg
    DSC_2385.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 129

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Until the same thing happens again and you need to remove it ..... but even then you would only be back to the same situation.

If you had the time to replace it all with rigid waste pipe and screwed/push fit sink waste fitting then it would have more longevity but that would probably be overkill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Norman Jones

Norman Jones

Free Member
Jan 13, 2015
Nr Aberystwyth
Funster No
MH
A class, Hymer 620 mli
Exp
since 1982
I'm happy with the job, I can unscrew the new chrome sink waste from the top because I've only glued the threaded plastic nut to the trap, it retains the original waste trap and Flexi pipes which are still as new.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back