SMEV Burner Cap Screws: Tip (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
If the burner cap screws need replacing because they are rusty or heads rounded off, you can buy new burner cap screws from SMEV .. they cost £1.98 for two !

I had to replace six on our stove, three of the screws had been rounded off so had to drill the heads off, and unscrew with pilers, pain of a job.

I bought: Stainless Steel Raised Pozi Countersunk Self-Tapping Screws, from this ebay seller.

correct size is: No4 x 1.1/4 (2.9 x 32mm)

I bought 20, (always good to have spares) for £2.03 free delivery

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
If the burner cap screws need replacing because they are rusty or heads rounded off, you can buy new burner cap screws from SMEV .. they cost £1.98 for two !

I had to replace six on our stove, three of the screws had been rounded off so had to drill the heads off, and unscrew with pilers, pain of a job.

I bought: Stainless Steel Raised Pozi Countersunk Self-Tapping Screws, from this ebay seller.

correct size is: No4 x 1.1/4 (2.9 x 32mm)

I bought 20, (always good to have spares) for £2.03 free delivery

Good call Jim, ordered my replacements yesterday, but mine are 3/4 inch, been told that they should be here today

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
Thanks for the heads up on that @scotjimland I too have ordered 20.

Just a note to others, the originals are T10 Torx headed not cross head and mine in a SMEV (Dometic) 9222 two burner hob - sink unit are 33mm long x 2.9mm

Rod

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
Good call Jim, ordered my replacements yesterday, but mine are 3/4 inch, been told that they should be here today

Ok, just to let you peeps know they did turn up the next day, I also brought an aerosol can of heat resist black paint, all sprayed an screws installed, now looks the dogs doodahs, I might have to spray them again over time, but no probs

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back