Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
we have a pet friendly cabin booked to Santander. Seems we are lucky to have got one, but have those of you who have used them found them to be ok .? I just wonder if they are smelly, and if people let their dogs on the beds ( an absolute no no for me) . Can't do anything about it now....but just wonder what to expect?

Jenowen

Free Member
Aug 2, 2014
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
We used BF on one occasion taking a pet friendly cabin. Found it basic but clean, not smelly at all, and the bedlinen was spotless. We were also thrilled to see a little goody bag for the dog!
The most challenging part of the trip was getting our nervous golden retriever from the car deck to the cabin through the busy corridors. She hated having to wear a muzzle, fortunately a friendly steward spotted that we were having difficulties and told us to remove it which made life so much easier.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If the dogs have to wear muzzles I'd suggest you start getting them used to wearing one a couple of months before hand and making it a 'game' and giving lots of treats to encourage them to 'accept' it, even getting them to go and fetch it themselves and let you fit it before you reward them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Sue

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
We used BF on one occasion taking a pet friendly cabin. Found it basic but clean, not smelly at all, and the bedlinen was spotless. We were also thrilled to see a little goody bag for the dog!
The most challenging part of the trip was getting our nervous golden retriever from the car deck to the cabin through the busy corridors. She hated having to wear a muzzle, fortunately a friendly steward spotted that we were having difficulties and told us to remove it which made life so much easier.
Thank you. I never read the small print, and would not have thought about a muzzle. We carry one, but never used it. So will try to get our very docile cockapoo used to it before we go!

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
We have been once on the Brittany Ferry from Plymouth,NO smell at all in the cabin and spotlessy clean. The dog exercise area,was up some stairs,but be prepared spend some time up in the area,go with some warm clothing on. Sassy was very private about her ablutions and we walked and sat,(There are seats up there) and walked and sat some more,before it all got sorted and went back down to the cabin(y).
Do it again ? Yes,i have found Stergeron? Sea sick pills that WORK,all we have to do now,is find another "Doddering" old Border Collie that has about 4 years to go.
Tea Bag.(Mass Viking Funeral?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back