Smart car door lock problem (1 Viewer)

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
I know there are quite a few smart car owners on here so I am asking for some help please , this morning the door lock must have been frozen but the wife kept tugging at it until it broke ( I couldn’t think of any other way of writing that ) 🤬 There are many videos on you tube how to repair or replace the lock when the door is open but none on how to get the door open with a broken door lock . So my question is does anyone know how to open the door ,I can get in the passenger side but it still won’t open using the inside handle . The car is a 450 fourtwo of a 2006 vintage . Thanks

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Sorry not to be of help, although an ex Smart car owner. You could phone your local Mercedes/Smart dealer for advice. They may have a workshop manual which clearly shows where linkage can break or if there is a short cut to opening the door.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
I know there are quite a few smart car owners on here so I am asking for some help please , this morning the door lock must have been frozen but the wife kept tugging at it until it broke ( I couldn’t think of any other way of writing that ) 🤬 There are many videos on you tube how to repair or replace the lock when the door is open but none on how to get the door open with a broken door lock . So my question is does anyone know how to open the door ,I can get in the passenger side but it still won’t open using the inside handle . The car is a 450 fourtwo of a 2006 vintage . Thanks
Have you both forgot it freezes here in winter???
I bet it’s nice in Portugal 😉

Serious question, you didn’t wash it yesterday did you? It could have froze on the door rubbers, has happened to me in the past👍

Last edited:

M-J

Free Member
Jan 15, 2019
Secret Underground Chimp Bunker
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E562
Exp
Enough
Is the door still locked or is the door frozen shut?

Have you tried either warm water around the door to free it or sit with the heating on full for a while.

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Is the door still locked or is the door frozen shut?

Have you tried either warm water around the door to free it or sit with the heating on full for a while.
The door is not locked , annoying it was open at one stage before I closed it so I don’t think it’s frozen. I have tried the hot water thing , it’s quite a common problem and a easy fix but not with the door shut 😂

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
The door is not locked , annoying it was open at one stage before I closed it so I don’t think it’s frozen. I have tried the hot water thing , it’s quite a common problem and a easy fix but not with the door shut 😂
Tin opener?? :xrofl:

Feb 15, 2014
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E450
Exp
3 years
if you can get in the other door try putting ignition on and starting it then try inside handle

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007

post #10 may be of interest... same issue as you have

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294

post #10 may be of interest... same issue as you have
That looks like the answer, I will find some wire tomorrow and give it a go many thanks .

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
i used to have a 450 and loved it, and did lots of DIY on it.
They are a great little car , I paid about £1500 for it about 5years ago and up to now cost me nothing but petrol 2 tyres and a service /mots . It makes me smile every time we go out in it 😂👍

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
They are a great little car , I paid about £1500 for it about 5years ago and up to now cost me nothing but petrol 2 tyres and a service /mots . It makes me smile every time we go out in it 😂👍
It’d make me smile (a lot) if I ever saw you out in it :xrofl: :xrofl:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back