Small Sites on Costa Brava (1 Viewer)

S

sheri

Deleted User
Having motorhomed in France and Italy for many years we fancy a few weeks on the Costa Brava in May/June. However, we have been put off because all the sites on the Internet seem huge and expensive. We would like to be as near to a beach as possible. Am I looking for the impossible when I would like a quiet site with basic facilities ? Any help much appreciated.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Most of the sites on the Costa Brava are huge, they have a really small season and like to cram as many in as possible. They are getting increasingly expensive. We have been to Link Removed a few times. Its big, no its massive, but its well designed so you never feel that you are amongst so many, well maybe you do in the morning bread queue. ::bigsmile: But the prices have shot through the roof. Coupled with a weak pound and a strong Euro you just would not want to stay there in anything but low season, and even then:Eeek:

Look at the price list below, and work out what it would cost us, My eldest this year would be charged as an adult, so the motorhome, 3 adults, 2 kids and a dog the first two weeks of August. Do the maths :Eeek:

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Luv the fact that it costs more per night for the dog than the kids - yep, they've got their priorities right. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

davetthedon

Free Member
Mar 25, 2009
Malvern, Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
GreatBig Bugger
Exp
Small Sites....

Hi
I don't know if you've been, but next door to Las Dunas is a site called Camping Las Palmeras. www.campinglaspalmeras.com . We've stayed there quite a few years now and it's got to be the cleanest foreign site we've ever stayed on, (the "lady co-owner" is very strict with the cleaning staff, even supervises the dusting of the outside water point roof tiles!) very friendly, and very reasonable bar / restaurant on site. The local town's a bit scruffy. but they've got a reasonable restaurant or two there too. I know the Euro's crap at the moment, but valuewise I'd rather spend a few bob more and get the service and clean loo's than stop on a grot site with typhoid. :thumb:
P.S. we've stayed on the Las Dunas site too. The front pitches on the beach are great. They've even got their own toilet and wash room per pitch.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back