LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
I think it can be done using a Slingbox (it works for Virgin anyway)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

adt

Mar 28, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Nuevo
Exp
Since 2016
Or you can download them from the Q box onto the laptop before you go. I’ve done that putting a recorded series onto my iPad before going away and then been able to watch whilst away. It does place a time limit on watching a program but if I remember, that is from when you first start watching.

The laptop or iPad has to be able to talk to the Q box direct to be able to watch directly, hence its first check on loading the app to connect to the box.

Realist

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 4, 2018
Wales last time I checked.
Funster No
MH
Caravan: Buccaneer
Exp
Caravan before 2000 / Motorhome From 2018 to 22 / Now Caravan again.
The app only allows you to watch live programs not recordings via mobile or WiFi abroad, but if your connected to the same WiFi as the Q box (home network) then you can watch the recordings.

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Load up the Sky Go app, available as part of your Sky subscription, and you have access to live and catch up for lots of sky channels, so no need to access your recordings if they are available via catch up on sky go.
And, under current EU rules that may or may not still apply after brexit, you can use Sky Go abroad for 30 days without the need for VPN / Smart DNS service. After 30 days then the device needs to be reconnected to a UK IP address, and then the 30 days restarts.

OP
OP
S

Salliann

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I'am a newbie
Thanks Satandpcguy
If I put my Moblie on personal hotspot using 4g not wifi after 30 days
Would this give me uk ip address
Sorry not up on this modern stuff

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Thanks Satandpcguy
If I put my Moblie on personal hotspot using 4g not wifi after 30 days
Would this give me uk ip address
Sorry not up on this modern stuff

If you use your phone outside the UK, without a VPN / Smart DNS service, you will be given a NON UK ip address, as it will be connecting to the masts not in the UK. If you are in the UK, then you will be given a UK IP address.

So, if you are not n the UK, and "put my Moblie on personal hotspot using 4g not wifi " you will be using a non UK ip address...

Realist

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 4, 2018
Wales last time I checked.
Funster No
MH
Caravan: Buccaneer
Exp
Caravan before 2000 / Motorhome From 2018 to 22 / Now Caravan again.
Sky go and Sky Q apps can be used in Europe without the need of a VPN as Sky are now one company throughout Europe.

There is no need to attempt to change your IP address any more.

Try it.

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Sky go and Sky Q apps can be used in Europe without the need of a VPN as Sky are now one company throughout Europe.
There is no need to attempt to change your IP address any more.

Try it.
Totally incorrect!

The new EU portability ruling made it possible...nothing to do with "Sky are now one company throughout Europe.". Especially when it affects all pay tv services, inc Netflix, Virgin etc...not just Sky.

And under that EU Portability rule, there is a time limit - but the rule doe snot giuve a time limit, thats for the broadcasters to specify... Sky GO UK is 37 days - as explained by Sky here : Broken Link Removed

After 37 days you can only use Sky GO UK in the EU with a VPN / SMart DNS service...to relog it with a UK IP address. Once relogged in with UK IP address, a new 37 days starts.

(And Sky UK, Sky Germany, Sky Italia and Sky Espana are still separate subsidiaries under Sky Plc, with each companies operating in their own countries. This does not mean you can use your Sky Go UK app in Italy via Sky Go Italy, as you will not have a Sky Italia subscription!!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back