Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Hi Fellow travellers.
Again at the risk of repeating myself, some of you know I’m going over to Froggy land in November and hopefully down into Spain and coming back late March via Brittany ferries.

Now this is mainly for info for those who do not know or have never asked the question.

I was going to book a return journey say the 29th of November and return journey 29th of March 2019 as a one off booking.

I was wandering if for some reason I decided to come back early how much it would cost to change the return journey.

I phoned up Brittany ferries and asked the question.
The lady I talked to was very helpful, she told me to book single tickets and not a return journey as one booking.

She told me if I book a return ticket included with the outward booking it’s classed as one ticket and to change it would cost at least £25 and she said something else which I can’t remember.

So she told me to book each ticket separately.

If you book each ticket separately you can change the homeward bound ticket online without charge as long as it’s 5 days before the sailing.

So needless to say I will be booking single tickets.(y)
Best Wishes Tony

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I always booked singles. I found as I didn't mind travelling late or early I could always get a cheaper deal.
Enjoy your trip.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
We never book return. Having to be back at the port at a particular date means you are constantly wondering how far you can go before heading back, and once you do turn back the 'holiday' seems to be over. We work our way round until we feel like it then when in the area towards the port book our return for the next day or two. Much less stress.(y)

Wyn

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
You need to check the terms of your Travel insurance..
Some state (in the small print) that return journeys must be booked...

Not all do it so best to check and see where you stand..

Someone happened to mention this while we were over in Morocco as I had always booked a single Dover to Calais and then we always booked a return crossing a few days before we decided to come home.. My insurer at the time, Staysure, had the clause so technically I could have been un-insured if the worse had happened...

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
You need to check the terms of your Travel insurance..
Some state (in the small print) that return journeys must be booked...

Not all do it so best to check and see where you stand..

Someone happened to mention this while we were over in Morocco as I had always booked a single Dover to Calais and then we always booked a return crossing a few days before we decided to come home.. My insurer at the time, Staysure, had the clause so technically I could have been un-insured if the worse had happened...
this is very true, and as far as i know when looking round for insurance they all have the same clause, but if you have booked a return crossing you will be fine then change it near to when you actually return.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hi Fellow travellers.
Again at the risk of repeating myself, some of you know I’m going over to Froggy land in November and hopefully down into Spain and coming back late March via Brittany ferries.

Now this is mainly for info for those who do not know or have never asked the question.

I was going to book a return journey say the 29th of November and return journey 29th of March 2019 as a one off booking.

I was wandering if for some reason I decided to come back early how much it would cost to change the return journey.

I phoned up Brittany ferries and asked the question.
The lady I talked to was very helpful, she told me to book single tickets and not a return journey as one booking.

She told me if I book a return ticket included with the outward booking it’s classed as one ticket and to change it would cost at least £25 and she said something else which I can’t remember.

So she told me to book each ticket separately.

If you book each ticket separately you can change the homeward bound ticket online without charge as long as it’s 5 days before the sailing.

So needless to say I will be booking single tickets.(y)
Best Wishes Tony
With Brittany Ferries you can change the return details for free if you do it on line, I've done it several times. There is a charge if you phone them.
When I say free I mean there is no admin charge but the cost of the ticket might be higher if you choose a more popular time and you will have to pay the difference. :)

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
Once you have done 1 part of the journey with Brittany Ferries you cannot change the 2 nd part online only by phone so I always book 2 singles

GerTee

LIFE MEMBER
May 9, 2016
Near Fareham
Funster No
MH
Burstner iXeo
Exp
Since 2016 - UK & Europe
We always opt for a one way ticket. You never know if you may need to travel back in a hurry.

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
With Brittany Ferries you can change the return details for free if you do it on line, I've done it several times. There is a charge if you phone them.
When I say free I mean there is no admin charge but the cost of the ticket might be higher if you choose a more popular time and you will have to pay the difference
Hi DBK exactly that is what the lady said change it online but the fair for the crossing might have changed.
Best Wishes Tony

Jan 27, 2014
Oakham, Rutland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Some insurance companies will not honour repatriation of your van unless you have your return crossing booked

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back