Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Just received Silver screen material, eyelets and suckers with the intention of making my own due to the unique size required.

Has anyone else gone down this route?

Looks straightforward to sew etc.

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
I saw some silver quilted insulation on a roll in Jewsons last year I thought about doing that:Smile::Smile:

B&Q have go this Link Removed

Link Removed

Regards Pat

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Sounds good, where did you get them from?

Got Brilliant service from O'leary Motorhomes.

Bought 2 metres of 160cm wide material.

Good quality stuff with a grey fabric quilt backing.:thumb:

Going to cut a template of the windows and cut it to fit.::bigsmile:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Just received Silver screen material, eyelets and suckers with the intention of making my own due to the unique size required.
As others have suggested, there is a variety of suitable material available at DIY stores. I think you will find similar materials at mh/caravan centres, but will pay top dollar for it.

I bought a set of original Silver Screens off eBay which fitted my model van. I still needed to cover a window on the van side and found a cheapo 99p car windscreen reflector fitted perfectly...and of course came with suckers! It also saved me the mither of having to get someone to make up a curtain!

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
The Thermawrap can also be purchased at Focus and Screwfix and I can recommend it - used it for insulation for a new shed where its worked really well, so have bought two rolls (comes in several widths) to make screens for our A class. You will also need plastic suction cups - try ebay 320283287500 - they are really cheap.You can either bind the edges with a grey fabric to make a neat edge or use carefully applied matching Ducktape.

I've also got two sets of commercial internal screens available due to van changes in the past two years - as new, one is a Fiamma set for Ford Transit cabs 2005 -. The other set is for a Renault Master cab - if anyone is interested please PM me.

We have found screens really useful in the past, I used internal ones when the van was parked on our drive and external ones when on campsites.

Laurie

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
We stock the suckers or suction cups, £7-99 for pack of 16.

Search sucker or suction on our shopping website if you need any.

Regards

OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
The Thermawrap can also be purchased at Focus and Screwfix and I can recommend it - used it for insulation for a new shed where its worked really well, so have bought two rolls (comes in several widths) to make screens for our A class. You will also need plastic suction cups - try ebay 320283287500 - they are really cheap.You can either bind the edges with a grey fabric to make a neat edge or use carefully applied matching Ducktape.

I've also got two sets of commercial internal screens available due to van changes in the past two years - as new, one is a Fiamma set for Ford Transit cabs 2005 -. The other set is for a Renault Master cab - if anyone is interested please PM me.

We have found screens really useful in the past, I used internal ones when the van was parked on our drive and external ones when on campsites.

Laurie

Nice one Laurie.:thumb:

Brits-Rv

Free Member
Oct 13, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
2 years
Hi American Dream,

I bought silver screen material from O,learys at the Peterborough Show, bought outer material from our local camping shop and have made the screens to go on the outside of our motorhome looks great. Have done the front screen, driver and passenger windows. Quite an area to cover on an american motorhome.
Good luck :thumb:

Phyl

OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi American Dream,

I bought silver screen material from O,learys at the Peterborough Show, bought outer material from our local camping shop and have made the screens to go on the outside of our motorhome looks great. Have done the front screen, driver and passenger windows. Quite an area to cover on an american motorhome.
Good luck :thumb:

Phyl

Cheers Phyl.

Delighted with the material.I think I MIGHT have enough to cover the kids bunk bed windows as well:thumb:::bigsmile:

Can you tell me who you bought the outer cover material from please?

Steve.

Brits-Rv

Free Member
Oct 13, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
2 years
Hi Steve,

I bought the material from a local camping shop called camping and general. The material is silver grey and is waterproof. Looks really good.

Phyl:Smile:

Keith and Debs

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
In Our RV
Funster No
MH
Fifth Wheel
Exp
3 Years
I used Thermawrap from B & Q to make external silver screens for our c class Rv two years ago. cos the cab is steel i just busted open some of those magnetic door catches you get from B & Q and used the foil tape to attach the magnets to the Thermawrap. Works a treat and has never blown off been in use for last two years fulltiming and looks like its got a good few years left in it.
all for the princely sum of forty of yer english pounds...

OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
I used Thermawrap from B & Q to make external silver screens for our c class Rv two years ago. cos the cab is steel i just busted open some of those magnetic door catches you get from B & Q and used the foil tape to attach the magnets to the Thermawrap. Works a treat and has never blown off been in use for last two years fulltiming and looks like its got a good few years left in it.
all for the princely sum of forty of yer english pounds...

Cheers Guys,

Might just try that for this Winter's travels.:thumb:

Steve.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back