Rally Shrewsbury New Year 2018/19: The bookings thread. (1 Viewer)

Poodlepower

Free Member
Mar 17, 2018
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde
Exp
since 1983
IMG_2457.JPG
IMG_2458.JPG
IMG_2459.JPG
My first time at a Motorhome Rally and I don't believe I could have chosen a better one. Everyone was so welcoming and friendly, particularly my 'table mates', and I had the most wonderful time. Thank you so much to Robin and Hilary who worked so hard to make it perfect for us all, also their helpers especially John and Martin. I am now going to look at the Rallies list to see what others I can go to.

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
There are too many individuals to list as I think everyone went the extra mile somewhere in helping, whether it be helping others pitch, lifting and moving stuff, sorting the food, leading and participating the line dancing, helping out those with water, electrical, heating, and all other manner of other issues with Moho's, welcoming the new Funsters, providing the entertainment, and even supporting those that had slightly more drink that perhaps was good for them :drinks: and making sure they were OK.

People threw themselves into everything we organised, and no-one complained too loudly about the University Challenge quiz round! :giggler:

We all raised a glass on NYE to those absent Funsters who had put their names down but ultimately were unable to attend.

A great team effort so thanks to everyone, because together it would appear we all allowed every participant to have a good time.

Happy New Year everyone.

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Big thanks are due to Robin & Hilary for putting in so much work to make the weekend a great success, the room on New Years Eve looked amazing the table decor was fab and the penguins were a big hit , thanks are due also to Martin & Jen who were always around with a helping hand , great entertainment good fun and an impressive magic show by Jay, great start to the New Year, lovely catch-up with old friends and some lovely new ones,
Happy New Year All
Sue & Eric x

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Big thanks are due to Robin & Hilary for putting in so much work to make the weekend a great success, the room on New Years Eve looked amazing the table decor was fab and the penguins were a big hit , thanks are due also to Martin & Jen who were always around with a helping hand , great entertainment good fun and an impressive magic show by Jay, great start to the New Year, lovely catch-up with old friends and some lovely new ones,
Happy New Year All
Sue & Eric x
Penguins:D what penguins I don't see any penguins, honest;)

Martin

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I'm sure Lunarman is smiling in that photo.:rolleyes:

Or has he got wind?;):D2:D2

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Our sincere thanks go out to Hilary & Robin, Martin & Jackie for making this New Years Event so memorable and such a pleasure to attend. We met so many great Funsters over the last few days, all of which are lovely people, and helped to make us feel very welcome and proud to be members of Fun.
Robin worked tirelessly every day to ensure that everything flowed smoothly,so much forward planning worked out so well, we had a full agenda of fun things to do each evening, with quizzes, line dancing, music & frolics. Young Jays Music experience amazed us all, "how did he do that" we all said, truly amazing talent from such a young lad, thank you Jay.
Here's some more pictures to add to the album for 2018/19 Shrewsbury event.
Happy New Year everyone, hope to meet up again soon.
TinaL & Les

Attachments

• IMG_1465.JPG
    IMG_1465.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1460.JPG
    IMG_1460.JPG
    213.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1467.JPG
    IMG_1467.JPG
    208.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1473.JPG
    IMG_1473.JPG
    207.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1462.JPG
    IMG_1462.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1462.JPG
    IMG_1462.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 35
OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi all.

Thanks for all the kind comments. We really enjoyed ourselves. :Grin:

Just to let everyone know that under GDPR and in the next few days we will be shredding and deleting all the personal information about you gained while organising this event. Should anyone think that we need to retain something to assist them, please let us know. @Jim We assume you do not need anything from us other than the list of attendee's by forumname?

I've provisionally booked the room with Jan for the next New Year. Lot's learned this year to mull over. As it happens, the weather was not an issue, so we were able to park everyone near electric and with driving wheels on hard ground, so all had at least 13Amps available. (n)

Happy 2019 everyone, and hope to see you on a rally somewhere later this year.

Best wishes ...... Hilary and Robin

Simmoman

Free Member
Oct 11, 2018
Kent
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Tempo van conv
Exp
7 months
Can you please add Jan and Keith, enjoyed last years bash

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
@Simmoman thanks for the interest. Given the limited numbers and to give everyone a fair chance, we'll be starting a new thread in the autumn for prospective attendees. We can't think of a fairer way of creating the attendee list.

Have a lovely summer.

Robin & Hilary.

May 30, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Coach-built
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Robin and Hilary, this sounds great. As a solo traveller, please advise if there are any solomohos booked in? Thanks, look forward to hearing from you.
Sally

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi @SallyM.

This thread relates to last years rally. ;)

However to answer your question we had a number (5 or 6 I think) of solo travellers last year. (y)
@Calamity Kent , @Jandz and @Janine come immediately to mind and they may or may not attend this coming New Year.

If you are interested in joining us this year, you need to keep monitoring the forum in the autumn. We'll post the bookings thread unannounced to give everyone the same chance as we expect to be oversubscribed again. The first 40 vans will go on the list and any after onto the reserve list. I really hope that we don't lose as many of the original list this year as we did last. The flu and other ailments mainly but also some personal troubles. It meant those on the reserve list were able to attend. They were grateful and and we understand everyone had a good time, but we felt for those who were suffering over the holiday period.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
This is last year’s thread. You need this one :

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Junida13 can we be added to Shrewsbury list please
Sorry forgot to tag you in. As above, you need this thread.

Odyssey

Free Member
Sep 26, 2018
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Motorhome
Exp
May 2018
Hi can we be tagged in for Shrewsbury please will we be on the reserve list as we would like to go

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi can we be tagged in for Shrewsbury please will we be on the reserve list as we would like to go
9th on the reserve list.. You might like to watch this thread. The first post in the current situation.

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Junida also added to the reserve list in anticipation of a request appearing here. :wink:(y) Thanks for spotting the error and letting them know Geraldine cliffandger.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back