should we be concerned? (1 Viewer)

Nov 9, 2015
Addingham, West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7099f
Exp
Veteran
We want to change our current MH and want a Rapido 650FF. They are like hens teeth and we found one at a dealer which is "new". However it is a 2017 model that has been at the dealers for 10 months and I have a niggling concern about it being sat in all weathers and simply not being run or used.
Should I be concerned and accept this is the norm or wait to get a brand new one which could take 6 months?
It worried me that Brownhills a supposedly Rapido main dealer had no new stock and the sales team were not interested in selling us one - this is the second time I have been less than impressed with Brownhills who sem to have a real "don't care" attitude.

Any views appreciated please:)

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Have you seen the threads by @zac about his recent experiences with said dealer (pretty sure it's the same one)? May be worth asking him via PM...

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Being sat for 10 months shouldn't be a problem but I think you should view it as a one year old vehicle - it will have been made in 2016. I suspect it doesn't have the latest Euro 6 engine and in a few months it will be 2018. Therefore, you should be able to get it at a substantial discount. If you can't I would buy a new one - unless that means dealing with a company you don't want to! In which case it might be worth investigating whether you can buy one in Europe. :)

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
...not sure what you mean sorry. I am talking about Highbridge.

If you've got time then you should take the opportunity to re-write your opening post as it reads to me as if you're havIng a go at Brownhills.

Cheers,

Andrew

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
If it's just the one you want , I don't see any problem, should get it at a very good discount and still get a new warranty, bonus, any new one you buy will soon be ten months old and will be standing most of the time.
But it's got to be at a substantial discount, much the same as second hand price on a similar van(y):)

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
One dealer has a "new" Carthago in stock which they have had for ages. It was advertised for a long time as a brand new 2016 model which is fine, but recently appears to have been pre-registered to the dealer (which effectively makes it second hand and they have correctly moved it from the new vehicle section of their web site to the second hand section). Problem is it's now being described as a 2017 model, and had a "17" plate. This has recently changed to a "67" plate though. How can they do this? It's misleading, as the earlier model is different in quite a few areas to the newer model and it's been stood in the yard for a long time. Funny thing is the price is still the same yet they are now saying it's a great bargain! Buyer beware and do your homework.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Rapido is a very popular brand so there's a probability that the majority of UK stock has been sold already. The 2018 models should be in stock soon but some dealers may not receive new MY18 vans until as late as November.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
You should get a good discount on it as the 2018 models will soon be arriving in stock. I bought a similar "new" one in November 2015 and got nearly 20% discount off list price. And I am the first registered owner.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Highbridge is a good dealership and give fair prices. We bought our last two from them and if your serious about buying make them an offer. Their after sales are good as well, which is a big consideration when buying. Good luck :)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Offer a silly lower price,m I did for mine and they accepted it plus £500 so it was a LOT cheaper than list with all the bit a demo has on it. I had not been driven on the road, except by me for a quick around the hoses on trade plates. NEGOTIATE a really good price, they do not want it sitting around as they are being charged by the bank or finance company for that time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back