Shorted interior lighting circuit. (1 Viewer)

Jun 19, 2014
Wimborne
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral+ 670SL
Exp
No longer a newbie
Hello, all,

I had to do some work involving lowering the interior roof panel on my Adria Coral 670 and managed to short two of the lighting circuit wires that shouldn’t normally touch each other. (Yes, I know, I can be a complete **** at times. Just lazy.)

I immediately thought that I had blown a fuse, as there was a soft 'crack' from the area under the seat by the door that houses the electrics; and of the three, labelled Lights 1, 2 and 3, all appeared fine, but I did not have time to remove them and inspect further.

I shall return with some spares, but I was wondering whether there was anything else I needed to check, if indeed the fuses are intact. I was thinking of maybe a master fuse, or breaker.

The lights that work when you touch the Lights master switch at the control panel work, it is just the additional lights operated by a set of switches.

Everything else works fine.

Any insights or clues would be welcome, I hope I have given enough information to help identify the problem.

Kind regards, Peter

OP
OP
Chuns
Jun 19, 2014
Wimborne
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral+ 670SL
Exp
No longer a newbie
Thanks, Lenny. My exercise tomorrow will be to cycle to the farm, taking a meter and some fuses. Cheers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Chuns
Jun 19, 2014
Wimborne
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral+ 670SL
Exp
No longer a newbie
Fair point, Alex, but it is OK, it was one of those accidental and transient clashes as I was reassembling it without isolating the lights - I couldn't be arsed to go and get my torch! You'd think at my age I'd have learned better.

OP
OP
Chuns
Jun 19, 2014
Wimborne
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral+ 670SL
Exp
No longer a newbie
Thanks, both. It was no more than a fuse. P

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements