Shopping in Cité Europe over 2.1m (1 Viewer)

Mar 9, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E412
Exp
Since 2007
We’re 2.9m high and last year we failed to find an entry to the car park to shop at Cité Europe. Every gate was limited to 2.1m. Lidl was and I’m sure still is accessible, but we’d really like the range available in the main shopping centre. Not wanting to park overnight. Do any pals here know if there is a way in?

OP
OP
kev54
Mar 9, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E412
Exp
Since 2007
Round the back next to the police station but don't leave the van unattended even during the day, not allowed to overnight anymore
Thanks Lenny HB -always quick with your response - and that one of us stay in the van!!! Will search for the police station

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I think from the stories of migrants trying their best to break in or stowaway in, even under Motor Homes over the last few years, even more recently, most of us would not even consider leaving the van to shop, let alone park there.
I guess that is the main reason for the height barriers being put in place, as a security measure to protect us, and not cost so much in police time trying to evict migrants, only for them to return within a few hours.
Do yourself a favour, don't park at Cite de Europe, there are other large shopping malls to choose from that the further away from Calais the safer they are.
Look after your selves, enjoy your holiday, don't give the opportunity to others to spoil it.
LES

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Here you are.
1713378091931.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
kev54
Mar 9, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E412
Exp
Since 2007
I think from the stories of migrants trying their best to break in or stowaway in, even under Motor Homes over the last few years, even more recently, most of us would not even consider leaving the van to shop, let alone park there.
I guess that is the main reason for the height barriers being put in place, as a security measure to protect us, and not cost so much in police time trying to evict migrants, only for them to return within a few hours.
Do yourself a favour, don't park at Cite de Europe, there are other large shopping malls to choose from that the further away from Calais the safer they are.
Look after your selves, enjoy your holiday, don't give the opportunity to others to spoil it.
LES
TinaLes that’s a very good point. There are plenty of great shopping places and good advice to wait until closer to our first destination (Montreuil). Vice versa on return

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
TinaLes that’s a very good point. There are plenty of great shopping places and good advice to wait until closer to our first destination (Montreuil). Vice versa on return
Auchan at Boulogne is in the way and motorhome friendly and a dam site safer than Cite Deurope which has been rightly pointed out to you as a place to swerve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back