Shall I, Shan't I? Third time lucky? Trip to Norway from Spain (2 Viewers)

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
Love Via Ferratta and have done quite a few in Italy, but the last one made me realise the same things - I’m much older, and no longer climbing fit! In my head I can still do it tho! :cautious:

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I'm jealous looks great unfortunately climbing we never something we have never done, well done you two.
Have been showing your pics to my daughter her & hubby do climbing but they have an 18 month old baby at the moment., she did say she could put the toddler in a backpack. ?

A via ferrata is ready equipped for safety but I'd still think it risky with a baby in a backpack!

For example, on today's route we both had to slide through a hole in the rock even before we could choose the easy or difficult option.

Sport climbing, where the route is bolted, is a better option to do with a baby, who can be down on the ground with the belayer.

But I expect your daughter and hubbie know that!

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
To prepare us for Norway (if we get there again) the supermarket in Mende was selling cauliflowers at €3.99 each! Needless to say I didn't buy one. We're not so dedicated to Keto that we'll sell our souls!!!

It looks like we're going to reintroduce a small amount of carbs into our diet, when necessary, but we will be keeping them to a minimum. It'll be interesting to see whether we find we have more energy or not.

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I've just been out amongst the gnats to watch the sun set over the lake.

The end of another lovely day.

IMG_20190618_213746.jpg

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
To prepare us for Norway (if we get there again) the supermarket in Mende was selling cauliflowers at €3.99 each! Needless to say I didn't buy one. We're not so dedicated to Keto that we'll sell our souls!!!

It looks like we're going to reintroduce a small amount of carbs into our diet, when necessary, but we will be keeping them to a minimum. It'll be interesting to see whether we find we have more energy or not.
We often buy frozen cauliflower
Mrs C makes cauliflower cheese, based on a sauce made with cream cheese mixed with tangy cheddar, Dijon mustard and sprinkled Parmesan

Ps Please stop posting scary pics
Woke up in the night dreaming that I was suspended upside down by my toes

Thank you

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We often buy frozen cauliflower
Mrs C makes cauliflower cheese, based on a sauce made with cream cheese mixed with tangy cheddar, Dijon mustard and sprinkled Parmesan

Ps Please stop posting scary pics
Woke up in the night dreaming that I was suspended upside down by my toes

Thank you

No scary piccies today. And I'm now on a mission to find frozen cauliflower before we crack and have pasta. No pasta has crossed our lips since Portugal!!! It would be a shame to break now!

We DID have a croissant each this morning, we are in France and ONE is acceptable. Martin also has had a piece of French stick stuffed with a sausage to go with his salad and other sausages. He's obviously not as dedicated as me.

I now have to transfer to my phone to post piccies of today's walk ...

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Now on phone ...

We are at an Aire at Solignac Sur Loire, an ex municipal campsite and impeccably manicured. We have been Billy no Mates most of the day, mainly possibly due to the fact that it costs the immense price of €12 to open the gates.

We've recently been joined by a French motorhome and trailer who have parked ... where? You guessed right, on the next pitch :D2 although, to be fair, we are separated by hedges, but ...

Before our neighbours arrived. (They've made numerous phone calls, and the worst is we don't know what about!)

IMG_20190619_112452.jpg

IMG_20190619_112741.jpg

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We had found a circular walk from here which visited a waterfall.

Once we managed to get the route to respond on the phone, we had a very enjoyable, but tiring walk. We've been doing too much cycling recently and we now have "soft" feet.

However, we DID it and returned to a welcome shower, GnT and lunch (with glass of wine)!

Washing done and dried and getting ready for a few days of bad weather :(

IMG_20190619_150034.jpg

IMG_20190619_150525.jpg

IMG_20190619_132240.jpg

IMG_20190619_150250.jpg

IMG_20190619_140456.jpg
IMG_20190619_150346.jpg

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
And I'm now on a mission to find frozen cauliflower
No, no, no, French frozen veg always comes out all soggy & horrible.
Last year we bought a purple cauliflower in France for €4 didn't taste any different to a normal one.

Last edited:

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
We had found a circular walk from here which visited a waterfall.

Once we managed to get the route to respond on the phone, we had a very enjoyable, but tiring walk. We've been doing too much cycling recently and we now have "soft" feet.

However, we DID it and returned to a welcome shower, GnT and lunch (with glass of wine)!

Washing done and dried and getting ready for a few days of bad weather :(

Really enjoying your posts and pics (y)

Just out of interest, what do you use for locating local walks?

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Really enjoying your posts and pics (y)

Just out of interest, what do you use for locating local walks?

Thank you for your lovely comment!

For walks we start off by searching Wikiloc. Yesterday's was found that way and downloaded, but it was also the classic circular from the village so it was marked (badly in places) with arrows and paint marks.

With both sources of info we didn't get lost!

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Thank you for your lovely comment!

For walks we start off by searching Wikiloc. Yesterday's was found that way and downloaded, but it was also the classic circular from the village so it was marked (badly in places) with arrows and paint marks.

With both sources of info we didn't get lost!
Thank you so very much for your reply, I'd personally never heard of Wikiloc and now downloading the app as I type :)

Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
I'm also really enjoying the thread (and will esp love you getting to Norway as been there 4 times). I watched 'Free Solo' the other night -extraordinary. Climbing without ropes seems totally mad but each to their own! I'm glad you had ropes! !

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We are here for tonight. Off the main road south of Lons le Saunier, having driven through the village of Beaufort to get here.

A viewpoint and picnic area with, more importantly, shade, because our forecast cloud and rain didn't materialise ... so far!

IMG_20190620_153408.jpg

I managed to buy a cauli for.€1.99 in Lidl.

Today we're having brocolli and cauli florets with "Dogs Bollocks'" chilli mince ?.

Last edited:
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We are here for tonight. Off the main road south of Lons le Saunier, having driven through the village of Beaufort to get here.

A viewpoint and picnic area with, more importantly, shade, because our forecast cloud and rain didn't materialise ... so far!

View attachment 312016

I managed to buy a cauli for.€1.99 in Lidl.

Today we're having brocolli and cauli florets with "Dogs Bollocks'" chilli mince ?.
Sounds yummy
I’ll have a double helping

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
The bird life here this morning is lovely. A constant sound. We've heard, but not yet seen, a Golden Oriole. We've seen a Jay and, on the wood pile, directly opposite my window, a pair of tiny Wrens.

What a beautiful way to wake up and start the day.

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We've parked up for the night in a forest north of Luxeuil le Bains. We had a short walk and came back to eat.

Today's delight was goats cheese salad with duck breast. 'twas yummy (y).

Unfortunately we are also in an internet bad spot so my post might not go. .. bear with me.

No photos tonight, soreee.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We've parked up for the night in a forest north of Luxeuil le Bains. We had a short walk and came back to eat.

Today's delight was goats cheese salad with duck breast. 'twas yummy (y).

Unfortunately we are also in an internet bad spot so my post might not go. .. bear with me.

No photos tonight, soreee.
Is Martin being good ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back