Free Member
Nov 8, 2014
Wirral, Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Scout
Exp
since 2000
Just discovered this product it's a multi-purpose cleaner and polish and can be used anywhere and everywhere...sinks, toilets, plastics, trims, stainless steel, glass, fiberglass, etc. It is a natural product and completely biodegradeable and we have used it to clean the MH inside and out with great results!! It leaves a lemony scent and polishes up to a quality protective shine especially on exterior.
Actually used something similar years' ago to remove stubborn marks etc off the boat. Hope this tip helps.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
There are a number of which could be compared to Shadazzle. These include Quick N Brite, Astonish Cleaning Paste, Earth Brite, and OXO Brit.
Having watched the publicity on Shadazzle, I am not sure that I would use it to clean my van but I do use Astonish to clean the cooker and sink.

elfish

Free Member
Dec 16, 2014
london
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
Happy for the reassurance for the qvc shadazzle purchase last week: 3 x 300g tubs, 3 sponges, 3 microfiber towels on special for £20.

Pleased you posted the thread. Feel better now. :) x

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Camshaft

Camshaft

Free Member
Nov 8, 2014
Wirral, Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Scout
Exp
since 2000
Glad to help....we got the same deal and re-ordered a second lot! We used half a tub on the bus exterior, brought it up a treat and left a lovely protective finish. the rain etc. just rolls off it! Used it on sinks in caravan and bus and stains just
disappeared especially good because of its eco factor.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We have some Silky cleaner in a tub which is great for stubborn stains/marks etc but we use if very carefully and sparingly as, just like the other products, it is mildly abrasive.

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Is @Minxy Girl the only sane one here?. To use any abrasive on the exterior of your motorhome is total madness especially the waterless wash systems. Our vans can be constructed of several different materials which all need to be cleaned carefully. Paint surfaces are extremely thin and generally don't have a protective lacquer coating, so attacking it with some of these products can permanently damage the surface. Yes it may look good initialy but repeated use will be harmful. If you must use these products please make sure the surfaces are wash thoroughly before aplication using lots of water to rinse away the small bits of grit that sit on all surfaces.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I always thought the no wash system to be abrasive and damaging to the surface of the paintwork but a lot if people use them so I noticed on Aires abroad.
I have found that buying a good wash and wax is better than buying Cheap as I had been doing for years.
Sometimes even dish Washing liquid, I know bad idea .
I'd be interested where you got your microfibre towels though. I bought 2 cheapies from B&M bargains for £2.49 each. They've been good but a think I could get better.

elfish

Free Member
Dec 16, 2014
london
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
The microfibre towels came with the shadazzle deal.

To be honest, i've tons of microfibre towels that do the trick... i bought a pack of these a few years ago. They'll last me forever! Broken Link Removed

PS: i wouldn't dream of using shadazzle for the outside of the moho! I was thinking sink & glass windows. Bought it more for use in the flat to spruce it up.

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
I buy all my microfibre cloths from Costco and get through a lot of them, extremely good quality and value for money but maybe buying 36 at a time might be a bit rich for some. Have a look in the Detailing section of Fun for more advice on cleaning and polishing your motorhome

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Just discovered this product it's a multi-purpose cleaner and polish and can be used anywhere and everywhere...sinks, toilets, plastics, trims, stainless steel, glass, fiberglass, etc. It is a natural product and completely biodegradeable and we have used it to clean the MH inside and out with great results!! It leaves a lemony scent and polishes up to a quality protective shine especially on exterior.
Actually used something similar years' ago to remove stubborn marks etc off the boat. Hope this tip helps.
I might be a little hesitant using this on the outside of my van. I looks to have "cutting" properties and may damage you motorhome finish.

Apparantly it has only two ingredients and one is compacted clay?

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
I thought the best thing to get a good finish on bodywork these days is claying it!! then waxing.

So what is the other ingredient? anybody know?
Cheers, Dave(y)

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
I thought the best thing to get a good finish on bodywork these days is claying it!! then waxing.

Cheers, Dave(y)
Claying is a slow and delecate process, just bunging some in a product isn't the same

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Claying ... is that like a 'face pack' for a MH ... must need a LOT of clay!

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013

Cheers, Dave(y)
1/ the other ingredient is olive oil.
2/ claying a vehicle should only be done by someone that knows what they're doing.
3/ My motorhome converter suggests that i should not wax my van. It is polyester fibreglass and Plastic.

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
I have used "Silky" on my van cab, and dry wash and wax on the bodywork, and it looks great!
Each to their own.......
Cheers, Dave(y)

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
I have used "Silky" on my van cab, and dry wash and wax on the bodywork, and it looks great!
Each to their own.......
Cheers, Dave(y)
If you had put the Silky on the bodywork and the dry wash muck on the cab it would have made more sense

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
As i said it looks great.
Had many positive comments from people on how good it looks for a 15 year old van...
Cheers, Dave(y)

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
image.jpeg
As i said it looks great.
Had many positive comments from people on how good it looks for a 15 year old van...
Cheers, Dave(y)
Just for your information Dave, i have a new van and it clearly gives a warning of what not to use. If it works, on your 15 year old van, and doesn't do long term damage fair enough.
Just check my manual

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
I can't quite decide if Shadazzle sounds more like a 70's glam rock band or something intimate that girls on "The Only Way is Essex" would have done....... o_O

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back