Servicing - Peugeot Boxer base - 1st service.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
Morning all, so I've a Bailey Alliance SE on a Peugeot base and have been told that it needs a service at 2 years from registration which is now. So, Im on the hunt for somewhere that can do this as local to me as possible for convenience. Bedford, Bedfordshire.

Im waiting for the dealer I bought from to get back to me if they do this, I think they don't but want to check. Otherwise do i HAVE to have it done by peugeot or can I find someone else and then how do I prove they've used genuine Peugeot parts to ensure the warranty's not voided?

Any help appreciated.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Symbol
Exp
Since 2009
Our local Peugeot dealer wasn't interested. That was 13 years ago and we have had it serviced by a small independent since then. You need someone who has a lift that can cope with it. The guy I use seems to have the local motorhome and business van community sewn up.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Wildax
Exp
~20 years
I'm fortunate, that our local Citroen dealer is family owned, and not far from the Autosleepers factory - so they're very used to servicing Peugeots and Citroens.

They even do habitation services now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Symbol
Exp
Since 2009
I'm fortunate, that our local Citroen dealer is family owned, and not far from the Autosleepers factory - so they're very used to servicing Peugeots and Citroens.

They even do habitation services now.
Where's that? Because I'm only 20 miles from Willersey.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Harmony
Exp
Since 2021...
We go to Prestige Autos in Eaton Socon (near St Neots) for all van and car service /mot etc. They are excellent, seem incredibly genuine.

Upvote 0

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
Anyone recommend a garage to service the Bailey’s Peugeot base vehicle around Newcastle ??

Upvote 1
OP
OP
PaulC70
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
It turns out I was wrong about our dealer, they do the services :-) Hitchin for me.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
PaulC70
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
Well, currently waiting for the phone call from the dealer to say it's all done, having the rear alko axle greased too while there.
Made the mistake of looking at what stock they have and there's a lovely autograph sat there that's tempting!!

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Elddis Envy 185
Exp
since 2002
I am in exactly the same situation with my MH which is on Peugeot Boxer.
I was advised by Peugeot that the first service would cost £399 + VAT. Ok so a standard service after 1 year was about £200 + VAT so all they have done is halve the work and double the price.
I contacted my local independent and he advised that it is now law that any qualified mechanic with a registered garage can service any vehicle and providing they only use original parts and the recommended fluids the warrantee is maintained. So what he does buy the genuine parts ( filters etc ) and fixes the receipts to the job sheet. And his price £185 +VAT. Result. Unfortunately my Guy is on the South Coast at Bognor Regis so not much use to you but it does show how the main dealers inflate their prices. Rant over!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back