Jun 9, 2014
notts
Funster No
MH
Frankia i640
Exp
newbie but learning fast
HI,
Does anyone have any recommendation for a Fiat Pro service centre in the East Midlands and what is a reasonable charge for 1st (24 month) service for A class MH ,low mileage 5K.
Ta
tk

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Some dealers take out a 3 year warranty with Fiat, ours did. So I used Fiat Pro for first service, but they didn’t do a light one. Over £500. My mistake maybe as I didn’t know about light and full services, I just asked for the first service at 2 years. The Fiat Pro garage more used to commercially used vehicles though as I found out when I arrived to find my camper looking a bit out of place.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: tkk
Upvote 0
Feb 6, 2014
Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer BC584 Classic
Exp
Since 2011
As it's out of warranty at 24 months why not use an independent, that's what we do. about £125 for a light service £250 for a full service. Less than half the cost of a fiat workshop.
Do you use Lancing Commercials Lenny

Upvote 1

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Some dealers take out a 3 year warranty with Fiat, ours did. So I used Fiat Pro for first service, but they didn’t do a light one. Over £500. My mistake maybe as I didn’t know about light and full services, I just asked for the first service at 2 years. The Fiat Pro garage more used to commercially used vehicles though as I found out when I arrived to find my camper looking a bit out of place.
OP has an A Class, you only get the 3 year warranty if the base vehicle is UK sourced.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
tkk

tkk

Jun 9, 2014
notts
Funster No
MH
Frankia i640
Exp
newbie but learning fast
Thank you both. I missed the 15 day deadline for 5yr extension so I suppose there’s no benefit from FiatPro service
Next question; anyone know of a good independent Fiat services in Notts?
tk

Upvote 0
Jan 16, 2017
Hillingdon
Funster No
MH
Vantage Med
Exp
Since 2017
My Fiat van conversion is now coming up for it’s four year service. Fiat recommend a major service at that age which is an expensive 60000 mile service. My van has ony done 17000 miles; should I just go for a much cheaper ‘Iight’ oil a filter change service? Any advice out there?

Upvote 0
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
My Fiat van conversion is now coming up for it’s four year service. Fiat recommend a major service at that age which is an expensive 60000 mile service. My van has ony done 17000 miles; should I just go for a much cheaper ‘Iight’ oil a filter change service? Any advice out there?
My view is i would do a full service, note i said I . I wouldn't pay the £500 plus to get someone to do it. It is important to test/change the brake fluid at this age, also change the fuel filter. Next year will be expensive enough with a cam belt change.
What would uour view be if you were buying your van (and history) second hand.

Upvote 1
Jan 16, 2017
Hillingdon
Funster No
MH
Vantage Med
Exp
Since 2017
Thanks for your thoughts. I have been checking up on the differing service actions. Your right the brake fluid and fuel filter changes are not directly related to mileage and should be done. I’ve bitten the bullet and I will have the full service undertaken. I just hope I get some real use out of the van this year and get over to France again, as was the plan before COVID. It’s good to have feed back from others and makes the decision easy, thanks again.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
tkk

tkk

Jun 9, 2014
notts
Funster No
MH
Frankia i640
Exp
newbie but learning fast
Hi,
Has anyone used PVS, Nottingham for Moho servicing etc?
ta
TKK

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back