Selfsat Snipe 3 V3 GPS Fully Automatic Single Satellite System Camping Motorhome (1 Viewer)

Sep 24, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
Coach build low profile
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Mark,

I just purchased one, the black stripe model as in the attached advert (I bought the twin LNB one).
I fitted it myself as follows, all tools, emery paper, cloths, kit out through the skylight,
then up on the roof, marked the centre position where I wanted it, drew round the base plate,
Roughed up the roof where the base plate was going and drilled the holes for the base plate,
cleaned with SIKA cleaner then spread SIKA on the base plate, put a dab of SIKA on the screw holes, put
4 3mm spacers on the roof so the base plate had a gap left when installed,
and fitted the base plate and screwed into place. I then put a dab of SIKA on the heads of the
screws then fitted the dish to the base plate with the allen head bolts provided. Picked my spot for the wiring to
enter in my cupboard and drilled using a 1" hole saw. Fed the wires through the gland and down in to the van
and SIKA and screwed the gland in to place. I had already pre ran my TV cabling so I attached the box to the wall in the
cupboard plugged in all the wiring ( I had a power aerial already, so got my power supply there). I still have to wire the white wire to the ignition for auto lowering.
Switched it on and it all worked fine. Not been away yet but working fine in the driveway. Job took a couple of hours and was an easy step by step job.
The only thing I found was I had metres of left over cable in the cupboard I had to tidy away.
Sorry if I have missed anything and I am sure others will fill in any gaps I have missed.

Sep 24, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
Coach build low profile
Exp
Since 2012
P.S, I bought mine off AMAZON, if you do buy one make sure it comes with the base plate, mine came from Germany and did, I believe
this is not always the case if buying from a UK supplier, but could be wrong.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We have the Snipe 2. One thing to mention, if you wire the snipe up to engine battery then in the event of driving off with it up it will fold itself away.
On the flip side of that you need to remember to turn the controller off when you are finished with it otherwise you will flatten your battery.

OP
OP
Mark James
Jun 1, 2016
Ferndown, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 4009
Exp
Since early 90's
Hi Mark,

I just purchased one, the black stripe model as in the attached advert (I bought the twin LNB one).

Hi Cossie303,
out of interest whats the benefits of the twin LNB over the single ?
I only have one TV in the motorhome so unless mistaken dont have a need for a twin one.

Mark

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 24, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
Coach build low profile
Exp
Since 2012
You are correct Mark,

1 LNB is fine for one TV, we have two and with the twin LNB can watch 2 different programmes at the same time
(not that that is going to be likely), with one you can have 2 TV's working but only one channel. Also, I think you
can watch one programme and record another with twin LNB but not with one. I am sure someone will come along
shortly with far more knowledge than me on the subject to keep you right though.

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back