Self Build (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Nov 8, 2014
DORSET
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Nuevo EK
I have spent the best part of this year looking for a decent deal, no such luck.

I am now considering the purchase of a Fiat Ducato and doing a self build.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated, no daft ones please.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
First job is to find a suitable van, don’t go for an ex builders van or delivery motor if possible as they will have more work to do before you can start the conversion and you have no guarantee that they haven’t been flogged.
If you can narrow down which base vehicles you want to consider and then set up want lists on the various car sales websites( I found my base vehicle it was brand new and £8000 off list).
Next whilst looking for a van start to spec out and design the interior and start pricing up the kit you would like( Google searches), this is crucial as if you have a good idea of cost to fit out you will then have an idea of the total cost and you can see if you may be better buying a 2nd ready built Motorhome.

Good luck

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Live Life Now
Nov 8, 2014
DORSET
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Nuevo EK
First job is to find a suitable van, don’t go for an ex builders van or delivery motor if possible as they will have more work to do before you can start the conversion and you have no guarantee that they haven’t been flogged.
If you can narrow down which base vehicles you want to consider and then set up want lists on the various car sales websites( I found my base vehicle it was brand new and £8000 off list).
Next whilst looking for a van start to spec out and design the interior and start pricing up the kit you would like( Google searches), this is crucial as if you have a good idea of cost to fit out you will then have an idea of the total cost and you can see if you may be better buying a 2nd ready built Motorhome.

Good luck
Having done some pricing and realising the amount of work involved I have decided to carry on looking throughout the winter for a nearly new MH.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Live Life Now
Nov 8, 2014
DORSET
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Nuevo EK
Lots of research, lots of work but very rewarding. I know see below.
Cheers my friend, very interesting. Beats the horse drawn buggy

Attachments

• 1664895304286.png
    1664895304286.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 8
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries