Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Hi All
Has anybody tried to get spares for Seitz S5e blinds the ones with the pleated bottom black out blind and a sprung mesh net at the top.
It seems you can’t just buy the pleated blind you have to buy the aluminium bar handle which the pleated blind just easily slides into, how ridiculous is that? This bumps up the price dramatically.

You can’t buy the cord which the bottom blind is suspended from and trying to identify the colour of your particular blind “external” is not easy even after sending the ID info off the window which they asked for.
Mine looks like its white, while the options are either grey or aluminium.

I got in touch with Autotrail they told me that the window and blind fitted to my Motorhome was a Seitz S5e.
I then got in touch with Leisure shop direct this is where the fun began.
They wanted to know what window I had so I sent them what Autotrail had sent me which was as listed below and also pics of my blind frame, blind and measurements.

“Thank you for your enquiry

The blinds/windows that were fitted were complete seitz blinds.

The part numbers for them is 900 x 600 Sz S5e Blind and window”

The questions continued which I did not mind as I wanted to get the correct blind.
Leisure shop direct wanted to know if it was a single or double pleated blind and also to confirm the colours and select from a list which they provided.

Unable to define exactly what the pleated part and colour of my blind was I sent them pictures of the outside of the blind and the inside and also the edge of the blind,

I took these pictures outside to get a better representation of the colour, and asked Leisure shop to send them to their supplier and see if they could decide what colour and type mine was.

Their supplier could not make that call and I was told to contact Dometic as they are the ones which manufacture these blinds so they should know.

Dometic could not help me and told me to contact Autotrail again and ask what blinds were fitted and ask for the SKU No. whatever that is. But they did say they will send the pics to the factory to see if they could identify the blind colour and pleat.

So while I’m waiting to hear that they can’t help me I thought, I know some knowledgeable people I’ll see if any of them has had this problem and can identify my pleated blind for me and the colours.

Hi All

Has anybody tried to get spares for Seitz S5e blinds the ones with the pleated bottom black out blind and a sprung mesh net at the top.

It seems you can’t just buy the pleated blind you have to buy the aluminium bar handle which the pleated blind just easily slides into, how ridiculous is that? This bumps up the price dramatically.

You can’t buy the cord which the bottom blind is suspended from and trying to identify the colour of your particular blind “external” is not easy even after sending the ID info off the window which they asked for.

Mine looks like its white, while the options are either grey or aluminium.

I got in touch with Autotrail they told me that the window and blind fitted to my Motorhome was a Seitz S5e.

I then got in touch with Leisure shop direct this is where the fun began.

They wanted to know what window I had so I sent them what Autotrail had sent me which was as listed below and also pics of my blind frame, blind and measurements.

“Thank you for your enquiry

The blinds/windows that were fitted were complete seitz blinds.

The part numbers for them is 900 x 600 Sz S5e Blind and window”

The questions continued which I did not mind as I wanted to get the correct blind.

Leisure shop direct wanted to know if it was a single or double pleated blind and also to confirm the colours and select from a list which they provided.

Unable to define exactly what the pleated part and colour of my blind was I sent them pictures of the outside of the blind and the inside and also the edge of the blind,

I took these pictures outside to get a better representation of the colour, and asked Leisure shop to send them to their supplier and see if they could decide what colour and type mine was.

Their supplier could not make that call and I was told to contact Dometic as they are the ones which manufacture these blinds so they should know.

They could not help me and told me to contact Autotrail again and ask what blinds were fitted and ask for the SKU No. whatever that is.

So while I’m waiting to hear that they can’t help me I thought, I know some knowledgeable people I’ll see if any of them has had this problem and can identify my pleated blind for me and the colours.

So I’ve posted the pics I’ve sent to the respective companies and see what you might make of them.

By the way this is a whittled down version of these events.

Broken Link Removed

So I’ve posted the pics I’ve sent to the respective companies and see what you might make of them.

Top pic is internal colour
Second pic is fuzzy pic of blind in the motorhome
Third picture is the ID tag on the window which they asked for
Fourth pic is the rear blind colour
Fifth pic is the edge of the pleated blind
6th is a close up of the blind edge in situ.

By the way this is a whittled down version of these events.
Many Thanks Tony
Front Pleated Blind.jpg
Blind in Place.jpg
Window ID.jpg
Back of Blind.jpg
Pleats.jpg
Edge of Blind in Place.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.