Seen on facebook shock for the owner (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2014
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Ih tio
Exp
image.jpeg

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Looks good, if I were you I'd hide my MoHo in case they sell it and then steal to order! :wink:

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Report to ebay to get removal . I got a scammer done for attempt fraud a few years back , but it took a lot of chasing of the police . The offense takes place in the area of seller , and I located the actual owner of vehicle shown in ebay listing , who made statement that he owned vehicle , and hadn't authorized anyone to sell for him.
They had been trying to catch him for quite a while :) .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Common scam but they don't steal the vans it's just deposits and email addresses they are after

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Not just motorhomes, the scammers are doing it with Harley Davidsons, one of my old bikes is always on there, it soon gets shut down(y)

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
It happens daily - a pic & description put on ebay, always ridiculously low price (compared to true value of actual model in the pic), always the same story - 'am out of the country, my driver will deliver anywhere in the country, payment in full ...' and daily they sell. For example a mh that everyone should know is worth £15k, advertised for £4,500 .... It's virtually always newbies who fall for it. Some good folk do take the trouble to report them to ebay - they are obvious to those who see and know ... but that takes time, and by the time the rogue ads have been spotted, reported and deleted it's too late - some XXXX has already sent the money off so as not to miss the 'bargain' :/

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Report to ebay to get removal . I got a scammer done for attempt fraud a few years back , but it took a lot of chasing of the police . The offense takes place in the area of seller , and I located the actual owner of vehicle shown in ebay listing , who made statement that he owned vehicle , and hadn't authorized anyone to sell for him.
They had been trying to catch him for quite a while :) .

You were lucky to get feedback. I reported a crook advertising on fleaBay and the listing was removed but I didn't even get a "thank you" from them.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
This happened to us when selling a Swift caravan. We had a query alerting us to a listing with our photos and asking which ad was real!!
When I contacted the seller they initially denied the photos were mine and when I told them my fields and our ponies were in the photos they became angry and told me I was sad to be bothered by it.
eBay took their listing down very quickly after I reported fraud.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Ebay de listing for sus fraud is automatic done by algorithm IIRC three reports triggers it :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back