• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD Secma Fun tech tow car (1 Viewer)

Naj S

Free Member
Nov 7, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
10 years
Road legal 2 seater tow buggey, based in Devon. Good condition, 338cc Lombardi engine, automatic transmision, complete with tow bar and removable roof and doors. First registered 2002. 2597 miles only. MOT untill April 2018. New battery just fitted. 45 MPH plus with driver only, spares and service available in the Uk. A great fun vechicle, ideal for towing behind a motorhome in the UK or on the continent as it avoids the use of an A Frame. Must sell as I can't fit a towbar to my present motorhome so it remains unused. £1,300.00 ono

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    365.9 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    323.4 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    352.9 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    186.6 KB · Views: 178

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
Is this legal to tow in Spain and France ? Just asking as thought you now need a trailer . Not wanting to open a can of worms, genuine question ? How much is road tax on one of these please ?

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
The "Continental Problem" is that a car is a car (or quadricycle in this case) and cannot be towed on its wheels unless it has broken down. And only then far enough to remove it from being a danger. So this vehicle, and the means of towing it, are no different to an A frame. In fact it isn't strictly within the 'rules' here either because it has brakes but they're not in use while towing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
A great fun vechicle, ideal for towing behind a motorhome in the UK or on the continent as it avoids the use of an A Frame.
Not in Spain I'm afraid (and some others I believe) where towing ANY vehicle with another is illegal (except when the towed vehicles is on a trailer).

Don't want anyone to think they can use this in Spain etc just because it doesn't have an a-frame but a bar instead ... it's not the a-frame/bar that's the issue but towing one vehicle with another, regardless of how it is done, is illegal.

Great little car though ... and if it was put on a trailer for use abroad it would only need to be a very light and small one. I bet its a hoot to drive!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Is it an invalid carriage, is it a scooter, is it postie's mailbag, is it baby carriage ? What the hell is it, never seen nuffin like it.

OP
OP
Naj S

Naj S

Free Member
Nov 7, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
10 years
Designed and built in France to get over the law on not towing vechicles unless in an emergency. The tow bar locks into the chassis, using this bar, the front wheels are then lifted off the ground and coupled to the MH ball hitch. With only the two rear wheels in contact with the road it is now classed as a trailer and will need a lighting/number plate board. No brakes required as it is under the weight limit. As far as I know it is legal on the the continent, have seen them in both France and Germany. Simples!

Last edited:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
I understand that some German owners have a full cover for these which goes over the complete vehicle just leaving the rear wheels out and that is acceptable when towed and they don't have problems with the Spanish police

androidGB

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
Some marked differences of opinion here.

When someone is trying to sell something, it's probably best to say nothing unless you know you are categorically correct.

Andrew

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Just because you might have seen someone get away with something doesn't mean it's legal.

I've seen people drive at 100mph on the motorway. Does that make it legal?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It is NOT a trailer as far as Spain is concerned, people may have done what is suggested and got away with it but it does not make any difference to the fact that it is normally a self-propelled vehicle and therefore cannot be legally towed, in any guise, in Spain - they will not recognise it as a trailer there.

Please don't misunderstand my intention, I don't wish to put purchasers off but they should be fully aware that this will STILL break the 'no vehicle towing' rule in Spain, how likely they are to fall foul of this is questionable ... they may, or may not.

NB: I did wonder if there was a way of 'disguising' it to make it look more like a trailer though ...:rolleyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back