Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Had a great crossing - flat calm.

We were the last to be loaded and one of t he first off - had to reverse off but no problems as the crew know what they are doing!!!! Worse in thought than actually doing it.

The (single) cabins are basic but comfortable and food is provided - breakfast and lunch had we required lunch. I think you could probably request one of the twin cabins but I forgot to!!! 1 Seatruck Cabin.JPG 2 Seatruck Bathroom.JPG

No smell of diesel - we had been warned there might be :)

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Great prices , 2 adults + 7 mt motorhome from £99 each way.

but sadly for us they don't allow pets to travel on any of the ferries.

https://seatruck.freight2ferry.co.uk

The SeaTruck ferries are really for unaccompanied freight and only take a few passengers. I think there are 10 cabins in all, 8 cabins are single. There is also a longish climb up steep steps up to the cabin deck - would not be suitable for people with mobility problems or dogs.

I spent a few hours watching the guys loading the trailers. It was fascinating seeing how it was organised :) A very well co-ordinated operation.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
You get what you pay for, the conditions depend on which ship you get. It isa slow trip but it enabled me to to Ireland and not pay a kings ransom. The food is simple but well made and the night trip bearable as long as the fumes do not get into the cabin . Daytime trip is dire as it is so boring, I read the Pape three times an still only the start of the trip.
I will go again and use them to travel, just find something to do whilst on board.

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
We boarded just before 2am for the 2am sailing and slept until breakfast. No fumes so I am guessing we had one of the newer or refurbished ships.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back