Seat too high (1 Viewer)

Sep 10, 2021
North Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Renault Master 2.5 T
Hello - my recently purchased van passenger 'swivel seat' is too high for my wife. She's about 5 ft 2 inch and her feet are several inches off the foot well. I've bought a footrest from Amazon which is absolutely spot on, with plenty of adjustment capacity and excellent, robust quality. It's the HUANUO footrest model HNFR3. Other deals are available if you shop around.
I've seen other threads citing the same issue. If you haven't solved the problem, I hope this helps.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
You can buy lowered seat boxes.
Remove seat, swap metal seat box and refit seat.
Don't know the current price but a few years ago were around £70 each.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
My feet dangle too, can adjust the drivers seat enough for me to drive, with feet on th floor by using a backrest and wedge heeled boots :LOL::LOL::LOL:
memo to self, wear flat ties next time you test drive .

OP
OP
B
Sep 10, 2021
North Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Renault Master 2.5 T
Looked at replacing the box, but on balance and for £29 I've a flexible KISS solution and retained my storage under the seat - I've other plans for that.
Although I'm average height, I have the same problem on the drivers side where I am replacing the box. I have limited articulation in my right foot which makes it tiring to keep my foot in the same position for long periods. A lower seat reduces the stress on the joints.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I have a similar issue but use one of these which is just the right height and has the bonus that when going in/out the cab on the passenger side can be stepped on without damaging it.

1642615077286.png

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Yep - that’s what we have, and the added bonus is that the dogs can sleep on it too!(y);)
We decided to to take bean bags for the dogs to sleep on ... never again ... the noise of them moving about on them and making them 'crustle' (crunch and rustle) in the night drove us nuts!

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
We decided to to take bean bags for the dogs to sleep on ... never again ... the noise of them moving about on them and making them 'crustle' (crunch and rustle) in the night drove us nuts!
Depends upon the sort of ‘beans’ you have……….ours have been used once……so they are…….
has beans!

(I’ll get me coat…..:imoutahere:)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
We use the leveling ramps as a footrest on the passenger side. My wife made a bag to keep them in. Solved the problem of where to store the ramps as well
My knees would be under my chin if I used our ramps 😉 would be a right pain too as i do a lot of the driving like that green thing Minxy do you have a link?

Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
Do you know where you buy them from? 2017 Boxer. Thx

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
My knees would be under my chin if I used our ramps 😉 would be a right pain too as i do a lot of the driving like that green thing Minxy do you have a link?
I got mine a few years ago in France I think, closest I can find now is this which is 4cm deep so same as mine:

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Had a feeling you might have had it for a while, thanks for the link, might just keep putting my feet on top of my bag when not driving.
You could make one out of polystyrene packaging (eg like you get round new appliances) and gaffer tape it together to get the right height. As we stand on the one I have it wouldn't do for us but might for you.

May 28, 2021
Essex
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
I bought a little folding stool too,. I wanted to use it to help me getting in and out of passenger door too However once Im in I cant reach it to pull it in again!:giggle: I'd love long legs.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I bought a little folding stool too,. I wanted to use it to help me getting in and out of passenger door too However once Im in I cant reach it to pull it in again!:giggle: I'd love long legs.
A length of string tied to the step and the arm rest of the passenger door. Use it to get in, then pull it up with the string

May 28, 2021
Essex
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
A length of string tied to the step and the arm rest of the passenger door. Use it to get in, then pull it up with the string
Tried that and was moaned at, '' You'll damage the paintwork! '' Never mind my little legs.

Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
👍👍👍fitted two , one for me , tall , one for the shortie in the pax seat. They are excellent

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
No you wouldn’t, try sitting on a bus, aeroplane, theatre or sports arena- it is agony!

Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
Mines boxer too.
Sportscraft excellent quality easy fit. Ebay
When fitting, do you lose the under-seat tray and the side covers? I'm assuming you do as the whole idea is that the replacement is shorter so there is no space for the tray or the covers. Likewise, I guess the toolkit (not sure why I still carry it actually) under the passenger seat would go too...?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back