Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 8, 2022
Canterbury, UK
Funster No
MH
carthago 143 le
Exp
15 years
having always used genuine silver screens in the past, was surprised to learn they don't do a cover for a Carthago 143le. bought similar from Minster products. duly arrived really quickly ie next day! best check it will fit. size wise it seems ok, but the suckers that fit the sliding window are woeful. tiny little things that can barely hold themselves on the glass. was really careful trying to fit as the paper thin material fixed to the suckers is in imminent danger of separating from the cover. my question is, have others a quick fix or am i doing something wrong?

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
We got ours templated at Minster and made the same day. A class with the suckers you have . Our suckers are approximately 50 mm in size the material is thin but not had any problem.
Are you pulling it too taught?

OP
OP
D
May 8, 2022
Canterbury, UK
Funster No
MH
carthago 143 le
Exp
15 years
Simon thanks for reply. the screen cover fits but the suckers seem very fragile. not sure about the velcro strap left in the bag? asked the lady at Minster and was told it goes round the window . not fathomed that one! too far for me to travel.

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
This is how ours work.
Start at the passenger door so hook over the top of the door.
Then fit the windscreen cover.
Then open the drivers side sliding window
Fit the suckers to the edge of the slider inside with the velcrow outside.
Fit the drivers side to the velcro then close the sliding window and adjust as required.
This is presuming yours is the same as mine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D
May 8, 2022
Canterbury, UK
Funster No
MH
carthago 143 le
Exp
15 years
thats how i fitted ours. will try and duck tape over the metal sucker rings. might help prevent the ring pulling through the sleeve. also extra tape on the door sleeve. every little helps as they say! thank you all.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back