Scotland's NC500 - trip continues (1 Viewer)

dyl

Free Member
Sep 25, 2017
Funster No
ey up !

Might not be everyone's cup of tea but for those that have done or might be doing Scotland's NC500 in the near future - we have another video up on Youtube which may give insight.

This weeks video shows us parked up for the night in a small village on the Northwest Coast of the Highlands of Scotland called Shieldaig. After waking up to an intense hail storm we continued our drive northward towards Loch Maree, where we had an inkling that an awesome midgey free overnight camper-stop would be near.

Cheers Guys !

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Doesn't the van heater work? They seem dressed for the cold.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: dyl
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Great scenery, but you two must be very hardy going in an un-insulated van with seemingly no heating ?
Does the cab heater not work ?
Respect to you both (y) you have a terriffic spirit for adventure.
Keep it up and keep us posted.

OP
OP
dyl

dyl

Free Member
Sep 25, 2017
Funster No
Doesn't the van heater work? They seem dressed for the cold.
It sure does - unfortunately for us we were a tad low on gas and being parked up for a few days we were cautious of the batteries running dry. Although our hot water bottles and mulled wine provided plenty of warmth!

OP
OP
dyl

dyl

Free Member
Sep 25, 2017
Funster No
Great scenery, but you two must be very hardy going in an un-insulated van with seemingly no heating ?
Does the cab heater not work ?
Respect to you both (y) you have a terriffic spirit for adventure.
Keep it up and keep us posted.
Cheers mate! The heater does work but was running low on 12v and gas but to be honest we were never completely worried about the cold. Will aim to post here weekly but if not our YouTube account has weekly uploads. Cheers again

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Couple of weeks and I will be there not the 500 but just on holiday for a month based west coast and DG

OP
OP
dyl

dyl

Free Member
Sep 25, 2017
Funster No
Couple of weeks and I will be there not the 500 but just on holiday for a month based west coast and DG
Awesome! Hope you have a good holiday! In a couple of weeks I think Tegan and I will be France bound

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Awesome! Hope you have a good holiday! In a couple of weeks I think Tegan and I will be France bound
Heading south for winter, sounds a good plan.
Have you spent the summer in the UK ?
Maybe it`s you we have to thank for bringing us all this lovely sunshine we enjoyed this year ?

OP
OP
dyl

dyl

Free Member
Sep 25, 2017
Funster No
Heading south for winter, sounds a good plan.
Have you spent the summer in the UK ?
Maybe it`s you we have to thank for bringing us all this lovely sunshine we enjoyed this year ?
I would say thats a fair assumption haha. We have, but now looking forward to some more European adventures. We're bound for sardinia mid September.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back