Scotland Updated Covid 19 rules for visiting Scotland (or living in ) 2nd April 2021 (1 Viewer)

Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
here is the latest Covid 19 rules for Scottish residents and people who want to visit Scotland.
Website is visit Scotland A part of the Scottish government.
visit Scotland website
Here is a paste from the advice section

looking forward to opening up for all of the UK šŸ‘šŸ˜·

ABOUT

COVID-19 RECOVERY PHASES IN SCOTLAND​

Let us make it simple for you whether you're looking to explore this weekend or planning a holiday for later this year with our Covid-19 information and advice.
Read on for:

WHAT YOU CAN DO RIGHT NOW​

CAN I TRAVEL AROUND SCOTLAND FOR THE DAY?​

No. Although Scotland's lockdown has begun to ease, everyone is being asked to Stay Local. This means you should stick to around a 5-mile distance from your local council area. Travel and hospitality is expected to resume towards the end of April.

CAN I STAY OVERNIGHT ON A SHORT BREAK?​

No.

CAN I VISIT SCOTLAND FROM THE REST OF THE UK?​

No.

CAN I VISIT SCOTLAND FROM ABROAD?​

No.

WHAT ARE THE MAIN RESTRICTIONS RIGHT NOW?​

Scotland's current Covid-19 advice is to Stay Local.
Non-essential shops and some services will begin to resume from Monday 5 April.

FUTURE TRIPS AND HOLIDAYS​

WHEN WILL I BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AROUND SCOTLAND AGAIN?​

You will be able to travel around mainland Scotland from 26 April, while discussions will take place on access to island communities. All accommodation, attractions and shops can reopen on this date, subject to restrictions.
Outdoor hospitality will also reopen at the same time, to groups of up to 6 people from 3 households until 10pm. Indoor hospitality may also reopen, subject to restrictions on alcohol and group sizes.

WHEN CAN I TRAVEL TO SCOTLAND FOR A TRIP?​

There are no firm plans on reopening to the rest of the UK yet, but it's hoped this will be possible on 26 April or shortly after.
International visitors will not be able to come to Scotland until at least 17 May.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Iā€™m not sure thatā€™s quite correct .. a friend of mine contacted Visit Scotland and they replied saying the no overnighting only referred to campsites and accommodation so long as you kept within your the local area (or 5 miles out with) .
Hereā€™s a screen grab of the correspondence ...
I think you might be in luck šŸ‘šŸ‘. Hope that provides some reassurance ... Enjoy!
1B0CF912-A6E1-41E6-8C82-C009DA610DEF.jpeg

OP
OP
fat haggis
Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
Here is a email I did with a MSP a Scottish MP
Good morning

Thank you for taking the time to contact Michael Russell MSP. Once travel is permitted within Scotland that would mark the re-opening of tourism on the mainland (island announcement still to be made).

Details here: https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-timetable-for-easing-restrictions/

It should be possible to use your motorhome after that date but you should check with the organisations of which you are a member as we can only advise, not tell you what to do.

Kind regards

Heather

Heather Wolfe | Parliamentary Assistant to Michael Russell MSP
M4.16, The Scottish Parliament, Edinburgh, EH99 1SP
Telephone: 0131 348 5738 Mobile: 07917 512080
Email: Heather.Wolfe@parliament.scot
michaelrussellmsp.scot |@Feorlean | FB: Michael Russellā€“Argyll & Bute SNP

*I work Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays & Fridays *

Click here to view our Privacy Policy: http://www.michaelrussellmsp.scot/privacy-policy/

Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter here

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 07 April 2021 12:51
To: Russell MW (Michael), MSP <Michael.Russell.msp@parliament.scot>
Subject: Overnight stays in a motorhome

Help please sir.
Iā€™m a member of a popular motorhome fourms and a some member are stating itā€™s ok to camp out or overnight on Scotland as things stand April 2021 On level 4 restriction. Can you please clarify if itā€™s ok for Scottish people to over in on a motorhome or camper van in Scotland under level 4 as things stand of todayā€™s date.
Than you for help on his matter
H mccaffery from taynuilt

Sent from Samā€™s iPhone

The Scottish Parliament: Making a positive difference to the lives of the people of Scotland
PĆ rlamaid na h-Alba: Aā€™ toirt deagh bhuaidh air beatha sluagh na h-Alba

www.parliament.scot<http://www.parliament.scot> : facebook.com/scottishparliament<http://facebook.com/scottishparliament> : twitter.com/scotparl<http://twitter.com/ScotParl>

The information in this email may be confidential. If you think you have received this email in error please delete it and do not share its contents.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Ah sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you just wanted to overnight in your own local area.
Youā€™re quite correct - whilst it looks as if I, for example, could overnight in South Ayrshire I canā€™t head up north as travel around Scotland isnā€™t allowed until 26th.

Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide to do and enjoy your MH when you get away in it.

Mar 8, 2021
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr E599
Exp
Iā€™m not sure thatā€™s quite correct .. a friend of mine contacted Visit Scotland and they replied saying the no overnighting only referred to campsites and accommodation so long as you kept within your the local area (or 5 miles out with) .
Hereā€™s a screen grab of the correspondence ...
I think you might be in luck šŸ‘šŸ‘. Hope that provides some reassurance ... Enjoy!
That's my take on it too. So long as you 'stay local' and don't go wandering, then it should be ok.

Alan_C

Free Member
Apr 10, 2021
Greenock, UK
Funster No
MH
Apollo18 ford p100
Exp
I'm a newbie/novice
The Scottish government has announced that travel restrictions within Scotland will lift from Friday 16th April, meaning we can travel anywhere in Scottish mainland BUT unable to have overnight stays, which to me is a bit pointless. If i wanted to meet someone out doors in say John o Groats, i would need to travel for about 4-5 hours, so by the time i got there it would be time to travel back home, I dont see it being a problem if you overnight in your motorhome as you are not in someones house, and are keeping to your household members.

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
The Scottish government has announced that travel restrictions within Scotland will lift from Friday 16th April, meaning we can travel anywhere in Scottish mainland BUT unable to have overnight stays, which to me is a bit pointless. If i wanted to meet someone out doors in say John o Groats, i would need to travel for about 4-5 hours, so by the time i got there it would be time to travel back home, I dont see it being a problem if you overnight in your motorhome as you are not in someones house, and are keeping to your household members.
Can't think of a safer place than in your motorhome or caravan parked up somewhere quite or even on a campsite vehicles are usually parked 6 mtrs apart most have own facilities so what is the issue , it's safer than shopping in the supermarket , and much better fit our mental health .

OP
OP
fat haggis
Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
Can't think of a safer place than in your motorhome or caravan parked up somewhere quite or even on a campsite vehicles are usually parked 6 mtrs apart most have own facilities so what is the issue , it's safer than shopping in the supermarket , and much better fit our mental health .
The pandemic medical experts think itā€™s safe to do it on the dates given by the government. And itā€™s also the law, we are still in a pandemic šŸ˜· give an inch and people take a mile šŸ‘šŸ˜·šŸ‘ role on the 26th them we can overnight each and every night if you want to. šŸ‘šŸ„ƒšŸ˜·

OP
OP
fat haggis
Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
Thatā€™s for boats šŸš£ā€ā™€ļø the rules are clear no overnights until the 26 th. you bending making your mind itā€™s ok to break the law on a pandemic. šŸ˜· can I ask you a question have you had any family or friends who have died of Covid.

OP
OP
fat haggis
Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
This is from the Scottish government website and is the latest update superseding all others including the crazy boat at anchor šŸ¤Ŗis the same as a motorhome driving and staying out overnight on your driveway or storage locations
Below is the law Iā€™m afraid. If you or other canā€™t see that and hold one for a few more days. So selfish just thinking Iā€™m alright the law is wrong. Iā€™ll do it my way. Thatā€™s how thousands of people have died with people who donā€™t see it šŸ‘€.

The First Minister said the ā€œstay localā€ notice will end on Friday April 16, with people allowed to meet in groups of six in outdoor settings. People will also be able to travel across Scotland, so long as they do not stay away from home overnight.

Sturgeon confirmed a ā€œvery significant re-opening of the economyā€ from April 26, when Scotland will move into Level Three of Covid-19 restrictions.

This means shops will fully reopen and hospitality businesses will operate fully outdoors, and self-catering tourism accommodation will finally be able to reopen. On April 26, Scotlandā€™s islands will be connected to the mainland for the first time in months, opening up the scope for a holiday getaway to a Scottish island.

"We expect to lift restrictions on travel to and from England and Wales on 26 April ā€“ something which I know will be welcomed by many individuals, and also by the tourism sector,ā€ Nicola Sturgeon said.

However, the First Minister said "international travel remains a significant risk", citing concerns over possible new variants

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
This is from the Scottish government website and is the latest update superseding all others including the crazy boat at anchor šŸ¤Ŗis the same as a motorhome driving and staying out overnight on your driveway or storage locations
Below is the law Iā€™m afraid. If you or other canā€™t see that and hold one for a few more days. So selfish just thinking Iā€™m alright the law is wrong. Iā€™ll do it my way. Thatā€™s how thousands of people have died with people who donā€™t see it šŸ‘€.

The First Minister said the ā€œstay localā€ notice will end on Friday April 16, with people allowed to meet in groups of six in outdoor settings. People will also be able to travel across Scotland, so long as they do not stay away from home overnight.

Sturgeon confirmed a ā€œvery significant re-opening of the economyā€ from April 26, when Scotland will move into Level Three of Covid-19 restrictions.

This means shops will fully reopen and hospitality businesses will operate fully outdoors, and self-catering tourism accommodation will finally be able to reopen. On April 26, Scotlandā€™s islands will be connected to the mainland for the first time in months, opening up the scope for a holiday getaway to a Scottish island.

"We expect to lift restrictions on travel to and from England and Wales on 26 April ā€“ something which I know will be welcomed by many individuals, and also by the tourism sector,ā€ Nicola Sturgeon said.

However, the First Minister said "international travel remains a significant risk", citing concerns over possible new variants
Do you have a link to this statement?

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
The link you provided is quoted below and I cant see where it says as long as they do not stay away from home overnight, it actually says they must not stay away from their local area overnight. I might be missing it so feel free to point me in the right direction.

From 16 April you can:

• meet in groups of up to 6 adults from 6 households socially outdoors, for recreation or exercise (under 12s do not count towards the number of people meeting or households)
  • travel anywhere in Scotland to meet others for the above purpose - but you must not stay away from your local council area (or for Highland or Argyll and Bute, the Level 3 or Level 4 part of those areas that you live in) overnight

OP
OP
fat haggis
Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
The link you provided is quoted below and I cant see where it says as long as they do not stay away from home overnight, it actually says they must not stay away from their local area overnight. I might be missing it so feel free to point me in the right direction.

From 16 April you can:

• meet in groups of up to 6 adults from 6 households socially outdoors, for recreation or exercise (under 12s do not count towards the number of people meeting or households)
  • travel anywhere in Scotland to meet others for the above purpose - but you must not stay away from your local council area (or for Highland or Argyll and Bute, the Level 3 or Level 4 part of those areas that you live in) overnight
Are you blind itā€™s under the link

What's changing​

Some of the rules on what you can and cannot do will change on 16 April.

From 16 April you can:

The new Level 4 guidance which will come into force at 00:01 on 26 April has still to be updated.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Our take on all this, living in Ross and Cromarty (one of the largest areas) within the Highlands region, is we can travel for the day within R & C but not stay overnight, until the 26th April.
I think thats what is meant and I certainly wont be staying away from home until the 26th but it doesn't actually say you cant in your own area.

OP
OP
fat haggis
Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
Our take on all this, living in Ross and Cromarty (one of the largest areas) within the Highlands region, is we can travel for the day within R & C but not stay overnight, until the 26th April.
Some people convince themselves so much they canā€™t see it. even if itā€™s in black and white

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Are you blind itā€™s under the link

What's changing​

Some of the rules on what you can and cannot do will change on 16 April.

From 16 April you can:

The new Level 4 guidance which will come into force at 00:01 on 26 April has still to be updated.
I'm not blind and no need to be cheeky.

You posted this in your post so long as they do not stay away from home overnight. and you still haven't shown me where this is on the link you posted me, I'm asking you a civil question so a civil answer would be nice unless of course you have now went blind and cant see what you quoted.

OP
OP
fat haggis
Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
Ok. Itā€™s clear you canā€™t see it. I ask any other people reading this thread what do you see šŸ‘€

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Ok. Itā€™s clear you canā€™t see it. I ask any other people reading this thread what do you see šŸ‘€
I genuinely can't see the words you quoted, all I'm asking is you show me on the Scot/gov site where it says those words or are these words the way you interpret it and not what it actually says?

I have posted what I can see and you reposted it asking if I was blind, I'm beginning to think I am.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I'm not actually disagreeing with him David all I've asked is he shows me where it says what he quoted as coming from the Scottish Government, as no matter where I look I can't see what he states. Looks like I won't see anything else he posts so that tells me I'm probably correct and its easier to do what he's done than admit it.

Aug 17, 2019
Highlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
5 years
I'm not actually disagreeing with him David all I've asked is he shows me where it says what he quoted as coming from the Scottish Government, as no matter where I look I can't see what he states. Looks like I won't see anything else he posts so that tells me I'm probably correct and its easier to do what he's done than admit it.
Itā€™s right here highlighted in yellow from the Scottish government.
417BD6A5-5CB2-46C8-AA49-4DC2B9F8DEB1.jpeg

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
Last time we went away, to Cove on west coast, just before the lockdown up here, we got some bad responses from the locals. They obviously did not like interlopers staying overnight or even travelling in their area.
Now we only travelled about 60 miles and were infact still within our county boundary, but our van has English plates on it that may give the impression we travelled from England ?

So until we are told for sure that we can overnight then we won't.

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
Itā€™s right here highlighted in yellow from the Scottish government.View attachment 485611
The overnight stay rule is not the only ambiguous one. ā€œplaces of worship with a maximum capacity of 50ā€. I would think that rules out the majority of churches, mosques, etc.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
The overnight stay rule is not the only ambiguous one. ā€œplaces of worship with a maximum capacity of 50ā€. I would think that rules out the majority of churches, mosques, etc.
Standing room only in this one!:whistle2::giggle:

1618566658987.png

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
Found a more detailed description of the regulation

Worship
Places of worship are required to take measures to protect individuals, worshippers, staff members and volunteers from infection by COVID-19.
Indoor acts of worship should be limited to a maximum of 50 people providing there is sufficient space to maintain 2 metre physical distancing. Where that is not possible capacity should be reduced. The 2 metre distance is not required between members of the same household or extended household group, or between a carer and the person assisted by the carer.
Events such as bar mitzvahs, baptisms, Holy Communions and christenings can take place but only as part of a scheduled act of worship (but not a separate event afterwards) and with a maximum of 50 people.
Places of worship are required to maintain a temporary register of worshipper and staff/volunteer contact details for a period of 21 days for Test and Protect. This is to support contact tracing as part of <Broken link removed> system, in the event of an outbreak linked to a particular venue.

So, 50 can attend a baptism but not a religious wedding or funeral service? Is it any wonder the rules are being broken when there are these contradicting rules.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Sorry but that says you must not stay away from your local area, nowhere does it mention your home as fat haggis quoted.
Iā€™m with you lorger and just for info fat haggis Iā€™m not staying away from home either in my local area or out with (despite there being very low prevalence here) until after 26th so your comments about whether I know someone with covid etc are moot. However, I do believe one can stay overnight in ones local area as per the RYA notice which they state was based on wild camping rules.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back