Scotland to Holland for Tulips (1 Viewer)

Aug 3, 2018
Urquhart near Elgin
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Tracker FB
Exp
Is Hull or Newcastle better to ferry from to Holland in a 7.3 m MH. I'm in the North East of Scotland.

Also any reasonable priced sites within walking or bussing distance to see the best tulips.

Thanks funsters

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Scotty Ian

Obviously Newcastle is closer for you and I liked the route the one time we did it, Mrs funflair said the boat was too small and bobbed about like a cork, which it doesn't to be fair she just isn't keen on boats :LOL:

Are you planning on seeing the tulip show at Keukenhof? you can park a motorhome in their car park during the day but not overnight as far as I know, we stopped at https://camperplaatshetgroenehart.nl/en/ and cycled in, it's 6 metres under sea level but don't let that worry you;)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Keukenhof? you can park a motorhome in their car park during the day but not overnight as far as I know,
Yep we got chucked out but they told us where we could park down by the canal nearby.

Don't go right at the being of their opening season, as if a bad winter everthing is late. We paid a fortune to see bare earth.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Scotty Ian
Aug 3, 2018
Urquhart near Elgin
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Tracker FB
Exp
Hi Scotty Ian

Obviously Newcastle is closer for you and I liked the route the one time we did it, Mrs funflair said the boat was too small and bobbed about like a cork, which it doesn't to be fair she just isn't keen on boats :LOL:

Are you planning on seeing the tulip show at Keukenhof? you can park a motorhome in their car park during the day but not overnight as far as I know, we stopped at https://camperplaatshetgroenehart.nl/en/ and cycled in, it's 6 metres under sea level but don't let that worry you;)
Was it over night on the ferry. Mrs Scotty Ian not too keen on ferries either. How long did if take

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
We have been twice, second time it took some searching to find the fields. There is a map you will find at tourist spots, but the fields are not as plentiful as you might have expected

But when found are an amazing site and smell when you find the hyacinths 👍

Never used the Newcastle crossing but have used Hull many times, last time North Sea ferries quoted just over £1000 return inc cabin upgrade Mrs G likes the posh room 🙄 but bought through CMC for under half the price 👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We've done that crossing several times and always found it ok, book a midweek well in advance and you might get a decent price, also try CMC for a price.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back