Scotland Shakedown trip! (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
So a big thanks to everyone on this forum for answering questions etc and all the useful information too!
We've finished our shakedown trip of 10 days to the Outer Hebrides and back and it's been a blast. Pretty much all wilding other than a night on Scurrival campsite on the Isle of Barra and a couple of stops that had honesty boxes which were duly paid. We started with the Kelpies and cracked on to Skye then the Uists and Barra before retracing our steps but came back the east side and stopped at St. Abbs harbour before finally getting home on Sunday.
Can't wait for our next trip!!!
Photos on my Flickr here. Scotland Shakedown Tour

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Donnie, can I ask about the B/W shot of Eilean Donan Castle have you photoshopped the waves or were they real?
I have been to the Castle many times and never seen waves like them.

OP
OP
PaulC70
May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
Donnie, can I ask about the B/W shot of Eilean Donan Castle have you photoshopped the waves or were they real?
I have been to the Castle many times and never seen waves like them.
Neither mate, that shot is an infrared shot and the waves that appear to be white are in fact trees :)

Jon B

Free Member
May 24, 2021
Darkest Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxstar 540
Exp
Since 2015
So a big thanks to everyone on this forum for answering questions etc and all the useful information too!
We've finished our shakedown trip of 10 days to the Outer Hebrides and back and it's been a blast. Pretty much all wilding other than a night on Scurrival campsite on the Isle of Barra and a couple of stops that had honesty boxes which were duly paid. We started with the Kelpies and cracked on to Skye then the Uists and Barra before retracing our steps but came back the east side and stopped at St. Abbs harbour before finally getting home on Sunday.
Can't wait for our next trip!!!
Photos on my Flickr here. Scotland Shakedown Tour
Fab Photo's (y) ...... We're hoping to be away in Sept and spend 2 weeks or so in the Hebrides.... Can't wait

Hoping our shakedown trip goes as well as yours

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
If the photos are anything to go by, then you will have fabulous memories of this, the first of many trips in your new van.

Thanks for sharing.

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Glad you enjoyed your shakedown trip, a bit adventurous for a first trip. :Eeek: Took us a year to get to the Outer Hebrides!
I've passed Eilean Donan Castle hundreds of times but never seen it looking like that. I'm envious!;)

Janecambridge

Free Member
Jan 14, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
3months
This is us on Spot 3 Harris trust on road to Luskentyre. last week.

Attachments

• 8D97124F-4A04-4E6D-8CEE-A85AD4B15CC5.jpeg
    8D97124F-4A04-4E6D-8CEE-A85AD4B15CC5.jpeg
    811.3 KB · Views: 18
May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
Brought back some great memories. We weren't so brave on our shakedown tour, it took us 12 months to get to the Outer Hebrides, which was the final item on my bucket list to be crossed off! Hope you haven't got too long a snagging list!
Enjoy your van, and the forum. A great bunch on here (y)

OP
OP
PaulC70
May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
Brought back some great memories. We weren't so brave on our shakedown tour, it took us 12 months to get to the Outer Hebrides, which was the final item on my bucket list to be crossed off! Hope you haven't got too long a snagging list!
Enjoy your van, and the forum. A great bunch on here (y)
luckily not much, fridge hasn't worked from day one but we knew this was an issue on pickup, it'll be sorted on warranty work and the dealer lent us a couple of milenco fridges to tide us over. Other than that just some fine tuning for the cupboard doors with some felt pads it's all good so far :)

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
luckily not much, fridge hasn't worked from day one but we knew this was an issue on pickup, it'll be sorted on warranty work and the dealer lent us a couple of milenco fridges to tide us over. Other than that just some fine tuning for the cupboard doors with some felt pads it's all good so far :)
Strange that you should say that Paul. Our van had absolutely no issues at all except for the Dometic fridge. It worked fine on EHU but wouldn't stay on for more than 30 minutes on gas. It was easily missed on the PDI when we took delivery.
The dealer fixed it no problem under warranty, no problems since. That was 3 years ago (y)

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Fabulous photos and an excellent report of your first trip, hope you have many more...

Janecambridge

Free Member
Jan 14, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
3months
Great pictures Paul.we must arrived just after you.2 days into our trip,(June 26th) we had good weather and it went on to be brilliant.From July 1st it hit 20c and stayed over 20 for a nearly a week.
We loved the calm way of life there. A beautiful place to spend some time.After we left Vatersay we stopped at the community shop in Barra to pick up the book The Vatersay Raiders.I wish I had read the book before we went to the island.Just have to go back now !
Thank you.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back