Scot Motorhomes has gone into administration! (1 Viewer)

JohnJan

Free Member
Jun 26, 2019
England
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2011
1564579267869.png

They have KPMG appointed as administrators to wind them up but their website is still live

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Scot, BC and Lunar in less than 2-weeks; just shows how bad the market is for higher value items.

At this rate people will be reluctant to put deposits down on new vans in case the dealer goes under before the van is collected.

OP
OP
JohnJan

JohnJan

Free Member
Jun 26, 2019
England
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2011
1564584308935.png

Any deposit needs to be on credit card to ensure you're got protection, otherwise a deposit puts you as a unsecured creditor and that's not a good place to be

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Any deposit needs to go into a separate client money designated account.
It's one thing travelworld did correctly.
I have spoken to some other high end dealers who said they have never done this!!!
This is what will protect any deposits.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
View attachment 321483

Any deposit needs to be on credit card to ensure you're got protection, otherwise a deposit puts you as a unsecured creditor and that's not a good place to be
ONLY if the total purchase cost is up to £30,000, if it's more then you have no protection.

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
Any deposit needs to go into a separate client money designated account.
It's one thing travelworld did correctly.
I have spoken to some other high end dealers who said they have never done this!!!
This is what will protect any deposits.

I agree, in fact you really need to pay it directly into the client account and not allow the dealer to transfer it across from their business account.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
I read about this yesterday but it was all a rumour then. Apparently one of the 2 sites has been cleared already.

Yet BC in Ayr still have a large number of vans on the forecourt a couple of weeks after they ceased trading.

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
I picked up my van from Scot Motorhomes two weeks ago. As part of the deal, they were to install a rear camera (apparently with £700). Looks like that's not going to happen...

I had a horrible service the whole time from Scot Motorhomes. Now I know why!

Welcome to fun

You will get one supplied and fitted for a lot less than that , could have been a lot worse

Tude

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Went to a motorhome trimmer the was telling me she has never seen so many dealers going bust. Majority we pvc converters

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
On look North this morning a holiday company think York based has gone bust. I think many more will go , I also think that a lot of them will be border line viable businesses. What they think is a great idea or product is not always what people want but they will blame everything but that.

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
I picked up my van from Scot Motorhomes two weeks ago. As part of the deal, they were to install a rear camera (apparently with £700). Looks like that's not going to happen...

I had a horrible service the whole time from Scot Motorhomes. Now I know why!
Get your van HPI’d quickly. You need to make sure they have cleared your van of their stocking plan.
What you don’t want is Mr Bailiff coming and taking your van 6 months down the line!

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
J
Posts that refer to another company have been deleted. Thanks
Jim
To be fair and for consideration:-

The Motorhome Company is a dormant Ltd company who’s correspondence address is:-
C/O DA AUCHTERARDER LTD PH3 1EL

DA Auchterarder Ltd used to have a registered address as c/o ScotVans

The Director of Scot Motorhomes used to be ( not now) a directer of DA AUCHTERARDER Ltd

Interestingly, ScotVans has changed its name to Perthshire Cake Decorators Ltd who's accounts are “late” and Scot Motorhomes director was also a Director until 6 months ago

All info in the public domain but You see this a lot

Please forgive if my senses have added 2+ 2 and arrived at 22

Anyone spending many thousands of pounds needs to look at company footprints like this before they part with a shilling ( 5p for those without C1 licence)

george w menzies

Free Member
Apr 25, 2018
Funster No
J

Jim
To be fair and for consideration:-

The Motorhome Company is a dormant Ltd company who’s correspondence address is:-
C/O DA AUCHTERARDER LTD PH3 1EL

DA Auchterarder Ltd used to have a registered address as c/o ScotVans

The Director of Scot Motorhomes used to be ( not now) a directer of DA AUCHTERARDER Ltd

Interestingly, ScotVans has changed its name to Perthshire Cake Decorators Ltd who's accounts are “late” and Scot Motorhomes director was also a Director until 6 months ago

All info in the public domain but You see this a lot

Please forgive if my senses have added 2+ 2 and arrived at 22
the motorhome company scotland based next door to scott motorhomes is not related to scott motorhomes 1 year ago scott motor homes were owned by a1 transport perth who also own garages breakdown recovery building companys and god knows what else

Anyone spending many thousands of pounds needs to look at company footprints like this before they part with a shilling ( 5p for those without C1 licence)
the motorhome company scotland ltd with premises next scott motorhomes is completely unrealated to scott motorhomes.i bought a burstner from scott just over a year ago it was a cracking van after i serviced it cleaned it and spent a lot off time on it i wouldent have went back near scott motorhomes i do feel sorry for the employees
at that time scottmotor homes parent company was called a1 transport who owned garages braekdown and recovery building companys and god knows what else.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
View attachment 321441

They have KPMG appointed as administrators to wind them up but their website is still live
Not trying to be pedantic but administration is not the same as winding up, although administrators can wind up a company. Administration is often a rescue procedure used as an alternative to winding up. The administrators may well try to find a buyer for the business or hive down parts of the business, hence the website still being operative, though it should make clear that the company is in administration.

george w menzies

Free Member
Apr 25, 2018
Funster No
thier perth sales unit and thier hire unit was completely clear of viecles yesterday there was usually one hell off a lot off exspensive motorhomes in there

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
the motorhome company scotland ltd with premises next scott motorhomes is completely unrealated to scott motorhomes.i bought a burstner from scott just over a year ago it was a cracking van after i serviced it cleaned it and spent a lot off time on it i wouldent have went back near scott motorhomes i do feel sorry for the employees
at that time scottmotor homes parent company was called a1 transport who owned garages braekdown and recovery building companys and god knows what else.
Im not suggesting anything, just read the info

If you think the companies are “unrelated”...fine

By the way, Director of Scot Motorhomes has created a new Ltd company in April call Blyth Leisure Limited

I cant think why

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
They’ve opened up under a different name now according to their FB page. I think it’s now The Motorhome shop

When we drove past today it looked like they were modifying the forecourt. We were saying SW Scotland could do with a MH dealership. Hope jobs saved.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
When we drove past today it looked like they were modifying the forecourt. We were saying SW Scotland could do with a MH dealership. Hope jobs saved.
Here’s their post from FB

Hello to our Facebook Followers! ?

Firstly, we would like to apologies for our Radio silence over the past few weeks. As you may have heard - sadly our parent company ‘Border Car Group’ recently went into administration. This unfortunately had a knock-on effect with the operation of ‘BC Motorhomes Travel and Leisure’ and we found ourselves in the position of no longer being able to trade. This has been a very difficult time for us all. We are however delighted to announce a completely new and exciting venture! Our very own Calum Watson is now the proud owner of the motorhome business as a completely new stand- alone company.

Welcome ‘BC Motorhomes – The Motorhome Store!’ Calum will also be welcoming back key members of the existing team to assist him in this new and exciting challenge.
If you have any questions relating to the previous administration relating to ‘old’ BC Motorhomes please get in touch on the following email address: calum.watson@bcmotorhomes.co.uk

Additionally, due to some technical difficulties - our phone line will not be in operation for a few days. Please bear with us and this issue will be resolved shortly. In the meantime, you can contact us at the email address above and a member of the team will come back to you.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all customers and staff for standing by us and supporting us through the next exciting chapter.

Kind Regards
Calum Watson

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Here’s their post from FB

Hello to our Facebook Followers! ?

Firstly, we would like to apologies for our Radio silence over the past few weeks. As you may have heard - sadly our parent company ‘Border Car Group’ recently went into administration. This unfortunately had a knock-on effect with the operation of ‘BC Motorhomes Travel and Leisure’ and we found ourselves in the position of no longer being able to trade. This has been a very difficult time for us all. We are however delighted to announce a completely new and exciting venture! Our very own Calum Watson is now the proud owner of the motorhome business as a completely new stand- alone company.

Welcome ‘BC Motorhomes – The Motorhome Store!’ Calum will also be welcoming back key members of the existing team to assist him in this new and exciting challenge.
If you have any questions relating to the previous administration relating to ‘old’ BC Motorhomes please get in touch on the following email address: calum.watson@bcmotorhomes.co.uk

Additionally, due to some technical difficulties - our phone line will not be in operation for a few days. Please bear with us and this issue will be resolved shortly. In the meantime, you can contact us at the email address above and a member of the team will come back to you.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all customers and staff for standing by us and supporting us through the next exciting chapter.

Kind Regards
Calum Watson

Thanks lorger really hope they can make a go of it!

Apr 4, 2019
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
I bought my van 4 months ago from scotmotorhomes does anybody know what happens with your warranty in this situation?

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
I bought my van 4 months ago from scotmotorhomes does anybody know what happens with your warranty in this situation?
They may or may not honour it as the new company. Legally they wont have too if they go bust and re-open.
Maybe worth speaking to the next nearest dealer for the brand you bought and asking they nicely if they will take over someone elses warranty.

Apr 4, 2019
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
it was a brand new van will I have to find a different adria dealer for warranty claims?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back