Scarborough Rally (think Kinder Trespass!) (1 Viewer)

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
Firstly I have no desire to go Scarborough having spent too many of my summers as a kid holidaying there, nor are we rally sort of folk. But I don't like anyone taking away rights based on prejudice and hearsay.

What does strike me of the current situation in Scarborough is that if we just respond online it is too easy for that voice to go unheard. So why not a rally, or even a series of small rallies where MF members go out of their way to demonstrate to the good people of Scarborough what positive things are brought to the town. I mean going into the town and spending money in shops and restaurants and engaging with the people there to explain that you are in your motorhome but this is probably your last visit due to draconian rules being introduced. It needs to big enough to show the economic benefit but not enough to cause disruption.

You could even ask for a meeting with councilors as part of it, get a couple of business leaders owning cafes and restaurants on side, and get them to fight the issue with us.

As stated above I don't want to go to Scarborough so will not be organising it, so if anyone feels driven and thinks there is mileage in the idea feel free to run with it.

BONZO

Free Member
Mar 1, 2012
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 30ft
Exp
I think they made there minds up last year.they will only rethink when another seaside town shows we are worth having. And we are. St Ann's blackpool they let us stay and we spend there. IT WILL BE THERE LOSS.

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Were of to Scarborough at May Bank holiday weekend but will be using the C&CC site for our 4 night stay so the ban does not really concern us .
In fact we nearly always use club site's when touring the UK so not to bothered about any local authority restrictions

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back