Free Member
May 30, 2020
Dartford
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E572
Exp
Always learning.
Hi Funsters,,just to give an update on the Sat Nav situation,,,went nuts and bought a Garmin 770,,pretty pricey,,but, bloody hell, what a good unit,,,big screen,easy to use,and bang on to get you to the exact point,,,very impressed,,all sort of useful bits ( and some I will probably never use). Got my vote,,::bigsmile:

Sep 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Buying soon
Exp
Thinking of buying one, are you still impressed?

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We have one which we find very good.

The only adverse comment is that, if you have entered vehicle dimensions, it sometimes errs on the side of caution more than necessary. For example, when we are returning home it tries to take us one extra junction along the motorway then double back rather than pass through our village. It seems to think the road is a bit narrow while it is actually a conventional two lane road used by buses etc. It means an additional 9 miles to cover.

We obviously only know this because we know the area. It does make us wonder if it is doing similar in areas we don’t know.

However, it has never taken us down a too narrow road or a under a low bridge, so we like it. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 2, 2011
south essex Benfleet
Funster No
MH
CarthagoM liner.
Exp
since 1986 & tugger before
Thinking of buying one, are you still impressed?
Hi, Welcome to Fun. I have a 770 Garmin, Like you say it,s a good sturdy unit Works well, Easy to use,I like it.
"But" there is always one of those, I find if you go wrong it takes ages to re-map itself just keeps saying turn around where possible for miles,I find that annoying. But the screen is nice and big,clear,and covers a wide area of countryside.
What I do is I still run my Tom Tom camper caravan as well. It remaps much faster and Tom Tom live traffic is brilliant, It updates every few minutes its also handy if you want to add Co-ords or postcode of another destination without interfering with your route on garmin. Actually to be honest I program them both, it's makes a good comparison if one goes down at the wrong moment. Good luck Bruce Just noticed I replyed to wrong person should be CG1953 I think

Apr 2, 2011
south essex Benfleet
Funster No
MH
CarthagoM liner.
Exp
We have one which we find very good.

The only adverse comment is that, if you have entered vehicle dimensions, it sometimes errs on the side of caution more than necessary. For example, when we are returning home it tries to take us one extra junction along the motorway then double back rather than pass through our village. It seems to think the road is a bit narrow while it is actually a conventional two lane road used by buses etc. It means an additional 9 miles to cover.

We obviously only know this because we know the area. It does make us wonder if it is doing similar in areas we don’t know.

However, it has never taken us down a too narrow road or a under a low bridge, so we like it. (y)
I just looked at you membership No. thats close to mine Are you sure you have put your vehicle width in right, not 15'

Apr 2, 2011
south essex Benfleet
Funster No
MH
CarthagoM liner.
Exp
I am not Quite Sure How spooky.
That is very spooky you can make the same number by changing the last 3 numbers around,I just spotted that. I just spotted my error, I was focusing the numbers i think, It is getting late!!

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back