Santander Uni Aires Overflowing (1 Viewer)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Delayed ship maybe ?
I think there was a cancellation on uk ferry. However we came over on Sunday/Monday and used the Elephant aire. It was overflowing with vans squeezed in every gap. Mostly Spanish vans.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

x17ken

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo
Exp
Since 2015
The aire takes only a limited number, about 30. Last night there were some 100 vans using the roadside parking. Today the police were ticketing EU vans and clamping UK vans.

Have pics but for some reason they won't upload
Try to get the pics uploaded. I have contemplated using this aire a number times, but have always chickened out with worries about turning up and finding it full.

OP
OP
Dorset Diver
Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
One UK van disabled.
1000003175.jpg

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
today the police were ticketing EU vans and clamping UK vans.
when there is a problem at Dover with ferries and artics are backed-up on the Motorway .. the police render assistance .. they don't start clamping and fining ..

seems to me the Spanish police, rather than helping to ease the backup by assisting with parking, they are just piling on more misery and cashing in..

that's how it looks to me .. maybe there is another reason..

OP
OP
Dorset Diver
Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
when there is a problem at Dover with ferries and artics are backed-up on the Motorway .. the police render assistance .. they don't start clamping and fining ..

seems to me the Spanish police, rather than helping to ease the backup by assisting with parking, they are just piling on more misery and cashing in..

that's how it looks to me .. maybe there is another reason..
I tend to agree.

Jul 13, 2022
Tarragona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
I understand there's been ferry cancellation, but that's not the problem of the city council, the local police or the neighbours.
The municipal aire is not big enough in Santander, I agree, but we really do need some enforcement here in Spain, if we don't understand that, we're lost. It's s crazy how people doesn't respect the law and complain about it.
We must respect that we're only allowed to park in the designed place, and we always can move somewhere else if there's not room.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Try to get the pics uploaded. I have contemplated using this aire a number times, but have always chickened out with worries about turning up and finding it full.
Then you go to another one..BUSBY.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I would vote to Clamp every motorhome that arrives in Spain from France. Germany or other neighbouring country...this would ease the congestion on the Costas every winter, and allow us residents and citizens of Spain to have a bit of freedom again...Only Joking...🤔🇪🇦😀😀😀😀😀😀😀🤭

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
The joys of being a third country to the EU. :-(

I suppose at least it’s the officials clamping and not cowboy private firms.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
I would vote to Clamp every motorhome that arrives in Spain from France. Germany or other neighbouring country...this would ease the congestion on the Costas every winter, and allow us residents and citizens of Spain to have a bit of freedom again...Only Joking...🤔🇪🇦😀😀😀😀😀😀😀🤭
I would have ANPR at the borders and track anyone of them down that stays more than 6 months without declaring

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I would have ANPR at the borders and track anyone of them down that stays more than 6 months without declaring

So ANPR cameras at every road into France, Portugal, Andorra and Gibraltar? And cross-checked over a whole six-month period for each vehicle?

If not our last trip to Santander which was 2 days before we left by a mountain road into the French Pyrenees would show our MH as still in Spain, although we have never been back in 5+ years.

Not workable I think, Trevor.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
So ANPR cameras at every road into France, Portugal, Andorra and Gibraltar? And cross-checked over a whole six-month period for each vehicle?

If not our last trip to Santander which was 2 days before we left by a mountain road into the French Pyrenees would show our MH as still in Spain, although we have never been back in 5+ years.

Not workable I think, Trevor.
spoil sport

UK Now allowing Europeans 6 months in the UK, able to work and no VISA Required

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back