Saltburn-by-the Sea - Top Prom and Glenside overnight MH Prohibition (1 Viewer)

JRT

Feb 28, 2023
The former North Riding of Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Nearly did....but...
Exp
40 years caravanning.
Just a heads up for anybody on here who frequents my local seaside town and parks up overnight on the top prom (Marine Parade).

Our local council are planning to prohibit overnight parking of MH's on Marine Parade and Glenside in the town. Some of the locals have been complaining for years about MH parking there so it looks like they have got their way.

No doubt it will be the same locals who blocked the C&C club from developing a site just outside the town.

MH parking is available at cost in the Cat Nab car park at he bottom of Saltburn. This has an Elsan disposal point too.

Also be aware the Cliff Lift is currently out of action after a fire in the electrical system last month. So if you park at the top the only way down is on foot (or in your MH)

The vista makes the top prom a very popular spot.

SBTS.JPG

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Last time we were there, some of the vans parked on the road had tables & chairs set out on the pavement. Also noted waste water running from one of the vans.
No wonder locals were pissed off

OP
OP
JRT

JRT

Feb 28, 2023
The former North Riding of Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Nearly did....but...
Exp
40 years caravanning.
Last time we were there, some of the vans parked on the road had tables & chairs set out on the pavement. Also noted waste water running from one of the vans.
No wonder locals were pissed off

To be fair the top prom pavement is very wide where the MH's tend to park up so they really shouldn't be a problem but clearly discharging waste is not acceptable. I walk my dog along there lots of days and I've seen it too, I've also seen blue staining on the road side drains suggesting somebody had emptied their cassette down there.

As ever it's a small minority who spoil it for everyone else.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We do visit Saltburn quite often as we only live in Guisborough, lovely spot and nice views from the prom but if I lived there I wouldn't want vans parking there either and I wouldn't want to park our van there either.

Sep 19, 2013
selby yorkshire
Funster No
MH
burstner a class
Exp
1 year
Hi funsters there are plans to reduce the footpath for more car parking. *

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun