RWG sim not working again. (1 Viewer)

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
Merry Christmas all, when last in France the RWG stopped working, despite several messages it still failed to work. They assured me that the problem was now fixed and tried it at home worked fine. Now in Bruges not working again. Last time I asked for either a refund on carry the credit over to this month, they replied they could not do that owing to how the payments are set up. My popit sim is working fine so not a fault my end, so now asked for both months to be refunded and cancel the contract. Anyone in the EU using a RWG at the moment please just to check if others are using one.

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
The 200GB with 100GB roaming, the Global sim is no longer available.

Apologies for coming back to you again, but as you mentioned the ‘Global’ SIM which is data only, is your one the EE/Vodafone 200gb data only SIM, or the ‘Big Data’ 200gb phone bundle SIM?

Sep 17, 2020
Totton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Since Sept 2020.
Go to your account and look at my subscriptions - if it's expired and there's no next payment due date, it's a problem with the contract payments. They switched to a new system / provider a couple of months ago and it didn't go as smoothly as it might have. I ended up on one month contracts for Oct and Nov, it's only just settled down again.

1703348214606.png

Sep 28, 2021
Worcester, UK
Funster No
MH
LMC premium I650G
Exp
35y tugging + 2 in Motorhome
In Portugal at the moment had the same issue contacted RWG and they reset the sim and told me to reset the router and has work good since with no issues.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lee Fryer

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Eastleigh
Funster No
MH
Coach built CI Carioca 15
Exp
Since June 2012
Had the same in novenber sim stoped working twice 1st for 2 days then for 5 days no help from rwg could not get phone aswered only wanted to comunicatate by email which is not good if you have no internet so cancelled waiting for refund of £20 of next months payment, I bet I will have to put that in dispute with CC company to get it.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
They are a nightmare to deal with took months to get a refund they then refunded twice😁😁😁

Did get good reception with the sim all over Europe though.

Jul 11, 2009
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Concorde Compact
Exp
Since I was 18.... 1996....
Have the same in Bruges now my daughters phone on RWG failed and our wifi sim as well

Daughter phone reset by them but this happens often even at home.

The WiFi one I can live with as I cancelled it in August and it has been working at home and abroad since then and it gave up yesterday.🤣

Daniel

Oct 5, 2019
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
im a newbie
Merry Christmas all, when last in France the RWG stopped working, despite several messages it still failed to work. They assured me that the problem was now fixed and tried it at home worked fine. Now in Bruges not working again. Last time I asked for either a refund on carry the credit over to this month, they replied they could not do that owing to how the payments are set up. My popit sim is working fine so not a fault my end, so now asked for both months to be refunded and cancel the contract. Anyone in the EU using a RWG at the moment please just to check if others are using one.
good luck getting the refund i waited 3 months ,,only got it after asking the bank to step in that they paid up ,,dont answer phone ,or emails, once you start asking for refund ,,or they didn't with me ,, i wont be going back with them

Oct 14, 2018
Nantwich, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G781C Emotion
Exp
Caravanning over 30 years, Motorhoming 16 months
We are in Austria at the moment.
It worked at home but not here.
I persevered with phoning them and eventually got through.
The changed something (would not tell me what) in the computer and it instantly worked, but without any decent speed, although my phone with an EE SIM gives great speed.
The router also gives great speed if I put my EE phone SIM in it.

Perhaps it's not the good value that it at first seems to be. Customer service is hard to get hold of, and an email took them a week to answer after two chasers. When I took out the contract my £20 pm gave 200gb in the UK or Europe. They have cut the roaming back to 100gb with no notification which I view as unacceptable.

Dec 31, 2017
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Go to your account and look at my subscriptions - if it's expired and there's no next payment due date, it's a problem with the contract payments. They switched to a new system / provider a couple of months ago and it didn't go as smoothly as it might have. I ended up on one month contracts for Oct and Nov, it's only just settled down again.

View attachment 847300
Useful information Trevor, this happened to me twice, and customer services had to “re-attach the bundle” both times, mine appears to have settled down too now

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
RWG used to be great in Europe, never had a problem, but in November it only worked in Belgium and Luxembourg. I had no data at all in France & Holland... when I did eventually get a reply they said they were having issues with France,Holland,Spain. I haven't had no roll over or refund. customer service is non existent.... time to find another provider. I did get an email earlier in the year saying they were cutting the data from 200GB to 100GB roaming.

OP
OP
B
Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
Yes same here it failed to work inFrance 2 days into the start of the month, was still not working when we returned home. As we were selling our holiday cottage in France I needed a lot of data ended up spending £30 on my popit sim. Asked the to roll the credit over to this month as going too Bruge for Christmas. Needless to say we are here RWG not working and they have taken another payment out, time to go elswhere. Any suggestions, my popit sim works fine but to cancell it you must have used the same amount of data in the UK as you use in the EU which will work out expenive.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back