Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Bought their £20 quid data card. After I paid, told them that I would be reviewing it while using it for a month in France and posting the review on MotorhomeFun. Told them I was leaving for france in 2 weeks.

Data Card promised for next working day...Didn't arrive after 5 working Days

Chased it, promises I would see it tomorrow,

Still didn't arrive

After two weeks, gave up and asked for refund.

They refuse to put money back on the card. The Most convenient for me but because that will cost them a few pence to do they won't do it. Either Call them with my address so they can send a cheque (what are they?). or provide them with my bank details.

Here's my review

RUBBISH - AVOID

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Is this the same company that was offering a free contract for calls?
Never been a free lunch.
End up the same as the cheap electric companies.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Just had my refund, never replied to emails I sent asking for a refund as they kept taking £20 after I cancelled, raised a dispute with Revolut and suddenly they can reply to my email.
Took a few weeks but Revolut sorted it and the money went back into my account about 4 weeks later.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Bought their £20 quid data card. After I paid, told them that I would be reviewing it while using it for a month in France and posting the review on MotorhomeFun. Told them I was leaving for france in 2 weeks.

Data Card promised for next working day...Didn't arrive after 5 working Days

Chased it, promises I would see it tomorrow,

Still didn't arrive

After two weeks, gave up and asked for refund.

They refuse to put money back on the card. The Most convenient for me but because that will cost them a few pence to do they won't do it. Either Call them with my address so they can send a cheque (what are they?). or provide them with my bank details.

Here's my review

RUBBISH - AVOID

I had their £28 pm Data only ‘Global’ SIM and it worked very well for two months in France, Italy, Greece and Crete. Then, without informing me, they changed my subscription to the EE/Vodafone £18 pm Data only SIM and it refused to work on our last trip to Spain, France, Germany and Austria. I cancelled immediately but getting any response to queries was frustrating.

Several on here have reported good results using the £20 phone SIM in Euroland - see other RWG threads - so I’ve not given up on them totally and will probably go for that bundle next time around.

Some good products but their admin and backup are abysmal

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Just had my refund, never replied to emails I sent asking for a refund as they kept taking £20 after I cancelled,

I've just blocked them from taking anymore payments from my card as I don't trust them not to take another payment. I don't think it's fraud, just pathetic/chaotic/useless management.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
I've just blocked them from taking anymore payments from my card as I don't trust them not to take another payment. I don't think it's fraud, just pathetic/chaotic/useless management.
Did the same with ID mobile, tried them after the RWG one on our recent trip and it was crap, cancelled the standing order as they have said my account will finish in October🤔🤔 took it out mid August on a monthly basis and cancelled 3 weeks later.
Will let them chase me for the one months money….

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
That’s disappointing to read.
I have the £20 big bundle 200gb sim and it has been flawless in both uk and eu for the past 4 months.
I have emailed them a few times with requests and queries and had a timely response back.

I have just moved my wife’s sim over to them I hope this is not a sign of things to come.

I’ll just need to keep an eye on the account.
Hate it when stuff like this happens 😣

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
I’ve got their Big Data 200GB for £20 sim for our upcoming trip, but I don’t trust them, so I’ve also got a Tiekom sim which give 200GB everywhere except Spain, & 400GB in Spain - dearer at £35 but I know where I am with Camino, & if the RWG doesn’t work, I can always get Camina to activate the second sim she sent me.

Jul 26, 2018
Funster No
I used their data card in France, Spain and Portugal for two months. Very good and no issues. Problem was when I stopped the card and they continued to take further payments for three further months despite a confirmation email stating the payment had been cancelled.

Jim…….a point I learned when I spoke to the credit card company was that the service signed up to is not a direct debit style of payment but a ‘subscription’. The credit card company can ‘ask’ the company not to take further payments but they can’t actually stop them from taking the payment. I asked for the card to be cancelled and a new one issued only to be told that as it was a subscription payment the company can ask for the new card details and the credit card company must provide them. The only way to ensure no further payments can be taken is to physically close your whole account and reopen a new one and all that goes along with that!

After three months of additional payments I started phoning them every morning and afternoon! Was told manager would phone me back but nobody ever did. After three days I started phoning every hour. After a week I got my refund of payments and they also credited back my other payments for the two months I used the data card.

if I was to use the data card again I wouldn’t subscribe but top up using a voucher etc.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I’ve got their Big Data 200GB for £20 sim for our upcoming trip, but I don’t trust them, so I’ve also got a Tiekom sim which give 200GB everywhere except Spain, & 400GB in Spain - dearer at £35 but I know where I am with Camino, & if the RWG doesn’t work, I can always get Camina to activate the second sim she sent me.
I have the same Tiekom sims they work well and never had any connection problems I think you get what you pay for and an excellent customer service👍😊

aria

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 2, 2016
Kincardineshire.
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
I think it's pure luck whether you get on great with their card, or it leaves you abroad with no data. I had to go through my c.card to force a refund of my £28; they kept promising, escalating etc. Seems to be shambolic rather than dishonest.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I had an RWG sim in April used for a few days short of a month asked them about changing it over to their low cost plan so I could use it for another purpose & keep it active they said I would need to cancel and take out another sim they offered to cancel it. It was canceled two days before the rollover with no further charges.

I must have been lucky.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
I used their data card in France, Spain and Portugal for two months. Very good and no issues. Problem was when I stopped the card and they continued to take further payments for three further months despite a confirmation email stating the payment had been cancelled.

Jim…….a point I learned when I spoke to the credit card company was that the service signed up to is not a direct debit style of payment but a ‘subscription’. The credit card company can ‘ask’ the company not to take further payments but they can’t actually stop them from taking the payment. I asked for the card to be cancelled and a new one issued only to be told that as it was a subscription payment the company can ask for the new card details and the credit card company must provide them. The only way to ensure no further payments can be taken is to physically close your whole account and reopen a new one and all that goes along with that!

After three months of additional payments I started phoning them every morning and afternoon! Was told manager would phone me back but nobody ever did. After three days I started phoning every hour. After a week I got my refund of payments and they also credited back my other payments for the two months I used the data card.

if I was to use the data card again I wouldn’t subscribe but top up using a voucher etc.
That’s the good thing about a Revolut account I just went into my app and switched off the payment to RWG, took 20 seconds.
Have done the same with ID mobile, better them chase me than me chasing them for a refund😁

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
I'm using RWG £20 a month big data sim in my tablet. Its been great. They have just changed their payment provider. I wonder if this was because of issues. I've always received replies to my questions as well.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Forgot to say when I did have my RWG sim it worked perfectly all around Europe (except Switzerland) in my Netgear, much better than the ID sim last month that was a nightmare I had to keep changing the APN, gave up after a week and just used our phone data!!

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
I’m currently using RWG global data sim in France and have had no problems whatsoever streaming high volumes of data for the past few weeks 👍

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
They have been great with me. Used abroad several times with no issue and they always reply straight away.

Cancelled one no problem too.

A real shame as they are good value, me and Lucy are on them and I have the global SIM for the Motorhome.

They need to sort their admin out.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You need to keep checking that they haven't taken a payment as you can't 'block' them totally.

Indeed, its the same with debit cards etc.

That’s the good thing about a Revolut account I just went into my app and switched off the payment to RWG, took 20 seconds.
Have done the same with ID mobile, better them chase me than me chasing them for a refund😁
Keep an eye on it, it still doesn't prevent them from taking a payment.

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
don-t-mess-with-the-boss.jpg

Oct 18, 2021
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Newbie!
I bought the data only global sim deal for £14.99 100 mg for a year..I got it set up ok in UK before we came but now we have arrived in France its not working in my mifi router...I've tried it in my phone to to check if get text to update settings but no joy. I messaged them yesterday so will see what happens, if anyone has any tips let me know!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
much better than the ID sim last month that was a nightmare I had to keep changing the APN, gave up after a week and just used our phone data!!
When I've used any sim on 3 it's been a pain in the butt when roaming just driving 10 miles down the road I've had to change networks to get it to work.

Currently using an ID sim and it's working brilliantly been across France now been in German for 6 days not had to touch any settings. Best performance I've had from a sim in Germany quite a relief I was expecting problems.

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
I switched both of our phones over to them at the start of the year and they have not put a foot wrong. I agree there admin is a bit lacking but getting two loads of 200gb whilst abroad is a real boon.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
I bought the data only global sim deal for £14.99 100 mg for a year..I got it set up ok in UK before we came but now we have arrived in France its not working in my mifi router...I've tried it in my phone to to check if get text to update settings but no joy. I messaged them yesterday so will see what happens, if anyone has any tips let me know!
What apn are you using?

There are 2, in Cyprus I used:-

ion.otm

That wouldn’t work in France this week, but this one did.

everywhere

No password for either.

Oct 18, 2021
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Newbie!
What apn are you using?

There are 2, in Cyprus I used:-

ion.otm

That wouldn’t work in France this week, but this one did.

everywhere

No password for either.
Yes that's the one I set it up with before we came. I don't know if it's changed itself though...I put it in my phone to do it as I am not sure how to do it on router but its not working on either.

I haven't heard back from RWG yet

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Yes that's the one I set it up with before we came. I don't know if it's changed itself though...I put it in my phone to do it as I am not sure how to do it on router but its not working on either.

I haven't heard back from RWG yet
putting the APN on your phone will not make it work on your router, but if its not working on either then it looks like a different issue.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2021
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Newbie!
putting it on your phone will not make it work on your router, but if its not working on either then it looks like a different issue.
I put it in my phone to set the APN as I did not know how to do it through my mifi unit. The huawei app has never worked, apparently issues with Android.

I've just wasted another hour trying to sort it...give up now! Back in to France tomorrow will see if that makes a difference if not will just go buy the french sim recommended here.

Reactions: zac

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back