Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Just painted some of their FE123,(y) onto the Triumph Herald 13/60 convertible, I am restoring. So in about 10 years, I may be able to give advise?.;).

Seriously, it got the "thumbs up"(y). from "practical classics magazine".

Feb 15, 2014
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E450
Exp
3 years
chassis ok but cab needs doing to preserve it, its a x244 on a 53 plate, old underseal flaking a bit and surface rust behind it

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
chassis ok but cab needs doing to preserve it, its a x244 on a 53 plate, old underseal flaking a bit and surface rust behind it
That's the trouble with "old type" underseal, water gets under it and can't get out therefore causing rust. I hope it is minor because, depending how long it's been rusting it can travel and end up a lot worse than at first sight. I hope not in your case....
Cheers, Dave(y)

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Had my X244 done at JR classics, with Dinitrol products. Not cheap but he had the van for a week and did a very good job - I've had various bits of trim in the cab off since, and keep seeing just how far he managed to get the fluid, he did a very thorough job. If you wanted to keep the price down you could ask him to just do the cab - which really is the main bit that needs doing, certainly the vulnerable bit for rust, much more so than the chassis rails.

Nice guy, one man business, I'd happily use him again.

One thing to bear in mind wherever you get it done - the solvents from the spray. My van stank inside for about 4 weeks afterwards! I drove back from JR with windows open even though it was a cold day!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back