LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I was in Dales Liverpool (now owned by the Chinese) yesterday buying fish. Rapeseed oil was at an all time low. I wonder what the reason is for the price drop.
Having run on bio for years, the only diesel vehicles I now have are the Hymer and my pickup truck. Neither does enough miles to warrant making or storing bio nowadays.

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Rapeseed oil was at an all time low. I wonder what the reason is for the price drop.
I reckon there was a sudden run on the crop Dave.
The farmer near us planted in the fields behind and to the side of us for the first time.... And his :swear2: pyrotechnic bird scares... As far as we could see, and that's a long way up the Vale of pickering, the fields were yellow by early summer

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I reckon there was a sudden run on the crop Dave.
The farmer near us planted in the fields behind and to the side of us for the first time.... And his :swear2: pyrotechnic bird scares... As far as we could see, and that's a long way up the Vale of pickering, the fields were yellow by early summer

Years ago it used to be the same with spuds in Cheshire. One year there would be a bumper crop and prices would drop, the next year no one planted spuds and the price went through the roof.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Sprinter
Exp
Since 1968'ish
For anyone still running on cooking oil, farmfoods are currently selling 20ltrs (2 x 10ltr) pure veg oil at £16.

Noticed that in our local FF thought about getting some .and doing a 50/50 mix.
But like others not doing the milage to warrant it .
And the last time I used full bio it ate an injector seal on a grand espace and what a :swear2:bitch getting at it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back