Rouen and avoiding the low emission zone? (1 Viewer)

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
We know how you feel, can't wait to get back to pot holed, congested roads with verges full of litter, and being made to feel like gypsies. šŸ˜›
Couldnā€™t agree more, came off the Newhaven Ferry heading north and couldnā€™t believe the amount of litter in the hedgerows etc it shames our country especially as you have to look hard to find litter in France.

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Last September I travelled back through Rouen and took a wrong turn and ended up going along a very bumpy empty paved road to the docks. About 30 metres down, then did a quick U turn. A bit too quick coz there was a car behind! Anyway, that could well be in the new zone. How would you know? There was no warning sign. So that would now be a fine. Except this new van is Euro 6.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Last September I travelled back through Rouen and took a wrong turn and ended up going along a very bumpy empty paved road to the docks. About 30 metres down, then did a quick U turn. A bit too quick coz there was a car behind! Anyway, that could well be in the new zone. How would you know? There was no warning sign. So that would now be a fine. Except this new van is Euro 6.
I am pretty sure that the zones are not camera monitored so you would have to be very unlucky to get a fine.

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I am pretty sure that the zones are not camera monitored so you would have to be very unlucky to get a fine.
If they are not camera monitored how would you get a fine? Or would it be that the monitors are in front of the tunnel going in. From memory there are a host of signs going west just before the tunnel, such as divert to Dieppe/Caen, speed through tunnel, reduce lanes etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back