Rosematkie CCC Site (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Just posted on the Scottish Morptorhomers and Caravan fb site that the council have not renewed the CCC lease and the council want to run it themselves or close it. That is not good news, anyone heard anything?

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
Couldn't get a pitch there back at the beginning of June. Parking at Chanory point is very, very tight for Moho. To add insult to injury the dolphins didn't show up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
After trying to use the C&CC website to get a booking we gave up and used the site that initiated the lease extension debate. We now think it's better than the C&CC site at Rosemarkie.

I could very well be wrong but I think Fortrose Bay was Council operated before they gave a lease (I think 10 years) to a couple of ex health board workers (Raigmore Hospital) who now reside on the site.

If the mentioned figures (£250,000 and £500,000) are for the full 30 years that's only £8-16k (less the lease income) per annum. Guess it would take more than that to operate the sites. If the figures are per annum I'm surprised Rachael hasn't upgraded her bicycle that she runs around on!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back