Roller Team 747 (1 Viewer)

TDJ

Free Member
Aug 11, 2021
Funster No
MH
just looking
Hi Everyone. My wife and I are currently looking to buy a motor home with seating at the rear. We have looked at the roller team 747 and was impressed. Any ideas on other vans? I am willing to pay 50k cash for the right van so it’s got to be right for us. Do we go manual or automatic ? Looking for a six berth van
Thanks Everyone

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Hi and welcome.

50k will buy a decent pre owned motorhome with a rear lounge.

However, getting hold of new or pre owned at the moment may influence your choice of brand.
Good luck in your search.
One final point, you need to look closely at the available payload for 6 people., you will need a fair bit.

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
As above you also need to check if you require 6 seat belts as that will cut the list right down. :welcome3:

*** Plus you will probably need a C1 on your licence***

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
The 747 has an advertised payload of 450 kgs. Realistically that is going to be 350 kgs before you get the driver in, never mind the passenger, awning, extra battery, clothing, cutlery, food then the extra 4 passengers so thinking about uprating is basically a MUST.

The bad news is that just on the Fiat chassis you can only go up to 3,650 without having to add other expensive things and that just isnt enough for 6 people on holiday, but at least you can use it as a car for 6 at that weight. (if you have C1)

Weight is paramount for you. You will not get a 6 berth motorhome under 3500 kgs that is legal and stay under 3500 kgs and use it for its intention.

Rollerteam 690 (6 berth) owner who carries his own weighing scales around with him

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back